New ROGer Array

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI unable to boot into windows

Hi updated to latest bios on this motherboard. Installed Windows 10 but for some reason it's always booting into bios and never automatically into windows. The only thread I found that might shed some light on this issue is here : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...y-boot-Windows. Apparently it's an issue linked to a CPU Fan error message and plugging a VRM fan to the CPU_Fan header solved the issue.
    Now, I'm also getting this error. This is my setup :
    MOBO: ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI
    CPU : AMD RYZEN 9 3950X
    GPU : AMD SAPPHIRE RADEON VII
    RAM: 32Gb G.SKILL TRIDENTZ 3200MHZ
    FANS: 3 BEQUIET! SILENTWINGS 3 120MM HIGH-SPEED PWM
    3 NOCTUA NF-A14 140MM PWM CHROMAX BLACK
    FAN HUB: THERMALTAKE COMMANDER FP 10 PORT HUB FOR PWM FANS
    Now in order to make sure I'm not having any Amp issues hooking up 6 fans to the mobo, I plugged all these 6 into a THERMALTAKE COMMANDER FP which I hooked up into the H_AMP fan connector.
    I modded the GPU by putting 2 extra BEQUIET! SILENTWINGS 3 120MM HIGH-SPEED PWM thru a Gelid CA-PWM-02 (PWM Fan Adaptor for VGA Cooler Fan), but those are independent from the fan headers from the mobo.
    Now with this setup I always get the CPU Fan error msg and I'm always booting up into bios. Is there some sort of incompatibility between Windows 10 and the H_AMP fan connector ?
    If so, how can I solve the problem?

New ROGer Array

I'm guessing this issue isn't as easy as simply turning off CPU fan monitoring in the BIOS.

Which CPU cooler are you using by the way? I don't see it in your specs list

New ROGer Array

yea forgot the CPU cooler :
    ZALMAN CNPS20X

I could start by turning of CPU_FAN monitoring in the Bios. How do i do that?

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irepublicofgamers View Post
    yea forgot the CPU cooler :
    ZALMAN CNPS20X

I could start by turning of CPU_FAN monitoring in the Bios. How do i do that?
    Tab over to the Monitoring tab, you'll find this in the list of sensors. Set to ignore.

New ROGer Array

thx!