cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Flare and Aura Creator lots of issues!

Ghozer
Level 7
here are the two main issues i'm having atm...

I have am using a Strix Flare, (Also got a Gladius II, but not selected that in Creator) any ways, I created a custom profile in Aura Creator, have 7 layers, each controlling different zones on the keyboard..

I have split out WASD/Cursor and Left Shift & CTRL from the rest of the keys... I have them on STATIC but different colours set...

I also have 'reactive' enabled for both layers, this works ok - but if I touch type, and type a fair amount, (such as this post) - once i'm done, the profile seems to have got confused, and starts flashing keys I haven't even pressed as though it's 'reacting' - it's almost as though it has the 'starry night' effect enabled, but I didn't choose it anywhere within the effect profile I made...

I'm also having random disconnects/crashes, where the keyboard effects just freeze, and it's no longer detected in Creator, I have to open up Crate, and re-enable Sync again... Just randomly looses it...

Not very impressed with your AURA setup Asus, have been a loyal Asus customer for 20 years or so, but i'm considering alternatives for my next build!
1 REPLY 1

Tekjive
Level 7
I am also having problems as I do not even see Reactive as an option in Aura Creator with my Strix Flare, any comments as to why Asus? Is Armoury 2 still used at all? I saw a post on Reddit (and here) where users can select Reactive as a profile to tweak but I can’t, was it removed because of the problems listed here? Any help would be great as I really want to use Reactive and the basic Reactive is just dark before any keys pressed (trying to create my own Reactive that is always lit but key changes color when pressed) thank you!