cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Laptop bag/backpack for the G53Jw-AX1

Retired
Not applicable
What have you all been using for a bag to carry this behemoth (Asus G53Jw-AX1) around? It is definitely oversized for a 15.6" Laptop, and I am hesitating to buy a bag without trying it out first.

I would prefer a backpack over a messenger bag (especially since there will be times when I need to carry a second machine, which is in a messenger bag), but am not 100% sold on that.

Please include full model number of the bag if you know it... there are so many out there, that it is easy to get the wrong one.

Any help would be appreciated...
9 REPLIES 9

HellsAttack
Level 7
I bought this laptop bag from Brooklyn Industries for my Asus m50vm-B1 about 4 months ago. It fit that 15.4" laptop perfectly. I'm still using it for my new G53jw, but it just barely fits. If you can't find anything else and you don't want to buy a bag for a 17", it will suffice.

http://www.brooklynindustries.com/bags_laptop-bags/large-messenger4

Edit: Best thing about the bag - no zippers so even when loaded with the laptop, charger, and textbooks, you don't have to worry about busting the zipper (like happened with my original Asus bag that came with the m50vm).

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks, HA.

I am probably going to go with a 17" backpack, once I decide on one...

Either that, if I decide that I want a messenger bag (not likely unless I cannot find a nice backpack), I will go with the "Bag of Holding" from ThinkGeek.com.

So, more specifically, does anyone have a recommendation for a backpack that the G53Jw fits into nicely?

Retired
Not applicable

Retired
Not applicable
Brian,
that one looks nice, but it is out of stock. Any idea when it will be IN stock?

I was hoping to order (or pick up) something this week, as I am itching to travel with it, and beat up on some friends in some LAN gaming. 😉

grungeboy
Level 7
Walmart carries some pretty decent HP bags. i bought one they made to fit a 16" laptop (no one makes a 16"er). it was like 60 bucks and definately worth it. i've had it for over a year and it's held up really well. enough room for my G51, mouse, charger, laptop cooler, Gamecom headphones, and still room left over.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?product_code=RU350AA&aoid=20715&ci_src=...

this here. it's a perfect fit for the G51 so i would assume the G53 would also be a nice fit.

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks, Jacob.
I've seen that one on Amazon... it did look pretty good.

Chastity
Level 10
Here's a pic of the bag that comes with the G53JW-A1:

[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]