cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Extreme BIOS 1802

Re
Level 10
Since Updating my MB to 1802 i can boot with XMP 2 profile but the my pc needs now longer to start into the Post screen (rog logo), Displays stays dark for 1-2 min until the board go through all checks (hdd check, mem check etc..) after all tests it starts normal....*

Anyone has the same issue?*
26 REPLIES 26

Loadlineac
Level 8
the same with my XI Extreme, look what the Q-Code LED shows. With me cold start problems and 55 - Memory not installed.

The same with my ROG STRIX Z390-F
BACK TO 1302v.

You want to use XMP 1. XMP 2 is the standard clock settings set by the manufacturer. XMP 1 is the standard manufacturer setting plus tighter settings and stability enhancements set by ASUS.

Jesseinsf wrote:
You want to use XMP 1. XMP 2 is the standard clock settings set by the manufacturer. XMP 1 is the standard manufacturer setting plus tighter settings and stability enhancements set by ASUS.
this does not fix my problem with bios 1802

johnhellstar
Level 7
My Maximus xi hero can't boot with this bios....the q code loops it self over and over the same numbers and the screen is black....I have to shut it off 2 or 3 times and then turn it on again to pass this problem.....With the previous bios no problems.

Your guys issues may not necessarily be a Bug (It could be). All I know is when I see "Stability improvements" in the Fixes I then have to accept the fact that I may have to start setting up a new OC from scratch. Meaning the previous settings may not work anymore so I have to go through the whole OC process again to achieve the same or (Hopefully) better results.

Jesseinsf wrote:
Your guys issues may not necessarily be a Bug (It could be). All I know is when I see "Stability improvements" in the Fixes I then have to accept the fact that I may have to start setting up a new OC from scratch. Meaning the previous settings may not work anymore so I have to go through the whole OC process again to achieve the same or (Hopefully) better results.

This. I had to start from scratch with my Z390-E. I was able to achieve the same settings as before. What's interesting about 1802 is that I can run XMP (which wouldn't boot before) but XMP fails memtest86. There might be a memory timing issue that's causing everyone instability. I'd double check all of the settings and timings from before and see if that's the issue.

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
This. I had to start from scratch with my Z390-E. I was able to achieve the same settings as before. What's interesting about 1802 is that I can run XMP (which wouldn't boot before) but XMP fails memtest86. There might be a memory timing issue that's causing everyone instability. I'd double check all of the settings and timings from before and see if that's the issue.

buddy I had no oc before and still have no oc so this has to be Bios related... I switched back to 1302 and it runs through all tests in seconds... in 1802 it test cpu, each memory, hdd (only have ssd’s) and the last is gpu but it takes more than 1 minuteÂ*

Jesseinsf wrote:
It sounds like you want to achieve the same results after installing the new BIOS. Your issue is not necessarily a Bug (It could be). All I know is when I see "Stability improvements" in the Fixes I then have to accept the fact that I may have to start setting up a new OC from scratch. Meaning the previous settings may not work anymore so I have to go through the whole OC process again to achieve then same or (Hopefully) better results.

you post the same answer in every thread.... you see how many people have problems with the bios 1802... if you have no problems then post your specs and settings... your answers don’t help anyone...I’m not a newbi neither a pro but. If I use the standard settings before and now with the same settings I have problems with the bios 1802 there must be something wrong now... or they make this on purpose for selling new products... btw they didn’t post a change log...