cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove/Disable start button (Asus crosshair VIII hero)

Kugge
Level 7
The start button is on even when the PC is running, (i don't care if it's on when the pc is off), I was wondering if there's a way to disable only the start led when the PC is running or a way to remove the start button from the motherboard ?
7 REPLIES 7

Jonotallica
Level 7
There is a BIOS setting on my Crosshair Hero VI, and there should be a similar setting on the VIII. Check ROG effects or some other setting relating to lights. When it's on.. the HD light will flash on and off when the PC is in sleep mode. When it's off, the leds will be off unless you press them. It will temporarily flash when pressing it, but most of the time it will be off. And it won't flash when the PC is in sleep mode.

You could remove the leds from the motherboard itself (the 2 pin connectors) but the BIOS solution is better. If you want to do that, check the manual for which connector to remove. If you remove the wrong one, the power button won't work.

Just search your BIOS for all settings relating to lights.. trial and error which one works and then write the setting down, so that you remember where it is, if you want to change it back in the future.

xeromist
Just remember that removing anything from the board will void your warranty and if you aren't careful you could cause collateral damage. Better to cover unwanted lights with something non-conductive.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

RedSector73
Level 12
Wow, it's one tiny white LED, black piece of electrical tape of the same size as the switch on top, and you will never see light from it again, and the tape helps it blend into the motherboard.

I thought it was removable. Anyway, "Aura Only" option in BIOS is the solution. But it disable the QCode led too.

RedSector73
Level 12
I barely notice this white led, not sure why you have an issue with it. If you don't need the start light one has to wonder how disabling qcode poster which is much larger red led is not also an issue for you as well. I mean it's not like you need qcode poster for system once its stable, do you ?

RedSector73 wrote:
I barely notice this white led, not sure why you have an issue with it. If you don't need the start light one has to wonder how disabling qcode poster which is much larger red led is not also an issue for you as well. I mean it's not like you need qcode poster for system once its stable, do you ?

The QCode poster can be used to display CPU temperature, which is pretty useful

Kugge wrote:
The QCode poster can be used to display CPU temperature, which is pretty useful

AIO's can do that and it looks better.