cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Crosshair VIII 3101 Beta Bios out !

Riplex
Level 7
111 REPLIES 111

axiumone
Level 11
This is supposed to be the agesa that has the new curve optimizer in it, isn't it? I updated, can any point me to where it's supposed to be in the UEFI?

Edit, this is for the crosshair impact. After a bit of research it seems curve optimizer is available for other asus boards, it's only the impact that's excluded. Is there any reason for that? This is a supposed overclocking motherboard.

axiumone wrote:
This is supposed to be the agesa that has the new curve optimizer in it, isn't it? I updated, can any point me to where it's supposed to be in the UEFI?

Edit, this is for the crosshair impact. After a bit of research it seems curve optimizer is available for other asus boards, it's only the impact that's excluded. Is there any reason for that? This is a supposed overclocking motherboard.

Curve Optimizer was in there before. It's in the AMD Overclocking menu.

EDIT: yeah this is with a Dark Hero. That's disappointing to hear about the Impact.

I thought Curve Optimizer is exclusive to the Dark Hero and it is supposed to stay that way?

isee133 wrote:
I thought Curve Optimizer is exclusive to the Dark Hero and it is supposed to stay that way?

No, curve optimizer has been in Crosshair VIII board bios for many months and is not exclusive to the Dark Hero. You are thinking of the Dynamic OC switcher. This required actual board level hardware changes and the 90 amp VRM to do, so it is only in the Dark Hero. PBO2 & Curve Optimizer are on all boards.

Today from bios 3003 I had to go back to 2502 to see if I don't have sudden reboots with four banks of ram from 32 gfb to 3600mhz total 128gb I will test it for a few days in docp like the previous one .. with this new 3103 I will have inherent problems as in 3003 with 4 certified ram banks? has anyone tried if the pc is stable with this latest beta firmware i would like to use my 128 gb ram at 3600mhz without reboots in docp without changing the voltage

karmal wrote:
Today from bios 3003 I had to go back to 2502 to see if I don't have sudden reboots with four banks of ram from 32 gfb to 3600mhz total 128gb I will test it for a few days in docp like the previous one .. with this new 3103 I will have inherent problems as in 3003 with 4 certified ram banks? has anyone tried if the pc is stable with this latest beta firmware i would like to use my 128 gb ram at 3600mhz without reboots in docp without changing the voltage

Nor the Crossahair VIII Formula? Only the Dark?

BaioÂ*
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

Baio73 wrote:
Nor the Crossahair VIII Formula? Only the Dark?

BaioÂ*

Crosshair hero viii wifi

Kelutrel
Level 11
I will now flash it, if I am not back in 10-15 minutes then it doesn't post

Kelutrel
Level 11
I flashed it and it worked. I loaded default settings and it worked. I loaded my default stable profile and it didin't post. I shut it down and cleared the CMOS with the button on the back of the case and it posted, then I reloaded my default stable profile and it worked.

Small performance decrease in MT (<1%) but looks more stable in accepting AutoOC offsets while going down with the pbo optimization curves, so that 1% may come back by fiddling with that. Memory benchmarks didn't change.
There is a new SRIS option for SATA express.

Update: I set back to Auto a few tweaks that I previously had on CPPC,DF States, and others... and now it's faster than with the old bios, and like 5-7 degrees cooler in Prime95.