cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCE decoder for WHEA error?

rstolpe1988
Level 7
Hi,
My guess is that the WHEA error are because of the latest bios 1003 as it did appear some day after I did update the bios.
I have rolled back to 0901 but as I did have this WHEA issue before I did switch motherboard to Asus I’m a little worried.
I have replaced everything ram psu gpu etc the only thing I have left is my nvme drivers 3 Samsung 970 plus 1tb and I don’t think they can cause the WHEA error.

Intel did replace my cpu with a new one it’s possible that I have two faulty cpus but the chance are slim.
I’m running everything at intel default.

I have 10900k with the latest rog Maximus z490 hero board.

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Unknown Error Source
Error Type: Internal parity error
Processor APIC ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Can someone check the mce decoder for this line;

MciStat 0x9000004000010005
9 REPLIES 9

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Have you tried XMP 2 mode (original XMP profil) instead of XMP 1 mode (ASUS optimized XMP profil) ?

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Have you tried XMP 2 mode (original XMP profil) instead of XMP 1 mode (ASUS optimized XMP profil) ?

Also, from you say you are not using an overclock, but verify that ASUS MultiCore Enhancement is disabled (because it is an overclock).

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Also, from you say you are not using an overclock, but verify that ASUS MultiCore Enhancement is disabled, because it is an overclock :

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Also, from you say you are not using an overclock, but verify that ASUS MultiCore Enhancement is disabled, because it is an overclock :

Hi again,
Here is my story.

First I did have 10900k with a MSI meg z490 Ace and it was toughing WHEA errors randomly exactly the same that I did get above with the 1003 BIOS.
So Intel did replace my CPU with a new one, the WHEA errors did continue so what I did was that I did replace the RAM with new ones - still the same issue.
Then I did replace the GPU (not for this reason but I did replace it) the WHEA error did continue so I thought OK then I'll replace the motherboard with a new one so I did replace it with the ROG Maximus z490 Hero and at the same time I did replace the PSU with a 1000w Corsair RMx.

I did receive my Asus board in the end of November and no WHEA errors, but sometimes before it could go a week or more or less sometime between the errors.
So I did update to the 1003 BIOS 25:de of dec and I did get a WHEA error yesterday. I'm not sure if it was the BIOS or not but I have downgraded to 0901 now.

In both MSI and Asus board I was Intel Default (disabled MCE, did set 125w and 250w with 56sec same as intel whitepaper says.)
The only difference now with the Asus board is that with the 0901 I did not change the values manually I did push f1 for intel default during BIOS first boot and then Asus are doing it for me. But as I did it manually with the 1003 and it did trough a WHEA error my guess it's not because of that.
Maybe you can't set it manually you maybe need to use ASUS own f1 for Intel defaults?

This WHEA history are driving me crazy, it's a little chance but maybe intel did send me a bad CPU as a replacement? I don't know. And as the WHEA error are not telling me much I want someone to decode it with the decoder but I guess no one has access to it?
Or maybe it's the 1003 that are causing the issue now? I have been running 0901 for one day without any WHEA errors but I did run 1003 for about 5 days or something like that without any errors also.

The thing is that I can't force it to give me a WHEA error, now with the 1003 it was when the computer was idling - with the MSI board it was both during idle and also during light load (when I was using Skype for a example but nothing else).

I have been running memtest86 for 8-passes without any issues from the RAM.

Edit:
My RAM says;
Intel XMP 2.0 (Extreme Memory Profile) Ready

So I guess I can try XMP 2.0? As I do understand it the XMP1 is optimized from Asus in some settings and XMP 2.0 are tightend settings from the RAM manufactory? Is that right?

As you can see the MCE are disabled as I have pushed f1 during first boot if you look at the image below.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Set Extreme Tweaker like that then tests over several hours/days with BIOS 1003 :

Ai Overclock Tuner : XMP II (not XMP I)
ASUS MultiCore Enhancement : Disabled (not Auto - Lets BIOS Optimize)

MoKiChU wrote:
Set Extreme Tweaker like that then tests over several hours/days with BIOS 1003 :

Ai Overclock Tuner : XMP II (not XMP I)
ASUS MultiCore Enhancement : Disabled (not Auto - Lets BIOS Optimize)

Ok, I have it on XMP 2 now but with 0901 and running memtest86 during night. Im off to work so I cant upgrade bios to 1003 until tomorrow.
Running 10 passes with memtest86.

Whats the difference between 1 and 2 profile?
*Ill change the MCE but its disabled dont know why its set to auto there but according to all settings and tests its disable as its stated below.
Â*

rstolpe1988 wrote:
Ok, I have it on XMP 2 now but with 0901 and running memtest86 during night. Im off to work so I cant upgrade bios to 1003 until tomorrow.
Running 10 passes with memtest86.

Whats the difference between 1 and 2 profile?

I told you previously :

XMP I mode = ASUS optimized XMP profil
XMP II mode = original XMP profil

rstolpe1988 wrote:
*Ill change the MCE but its disabled dont know why its set to auto there but according to all settings and tests its disable as its stated below.
Â*

What you see in Disabled is the Current Status, in Auto it will change dynamically.

So as indicated previously :

- Upgrade BIOS to 1003 > Press F1 > Press F7 (Advanced Mode) > Extreme Tweaker tab :

Ai Overclock Tuner : XMP II
ASUS MultiCore Enhancement : Disabled

- Press F10 (Save & Exit)

MoKiChU wrote:
I told you previously :

What you see in Disabled is the Current Status, in Auto it will change dynamically.

- Upgrade BIOS to 1003 > Press F1 > Press F7 (Advanced Mode) > Extreme Tweaker tab :

Hi again,
I have now the 1003 BIOS and the settings you told me. I have runned memtest86 for 12h and it could not find any issues so I'm guessing XMP 2 is OK.
I'll now try to run my system for some days and see if the WHEA error are happening again.

Side note, is it possible that the WHEA error could bee caused from my nvme disks? I did run Samsung test on them and it reports back OK. Also I did run Intel test software and it also reported back that the CPU was OK. But according to my history the WHEA did start 2020-09-22 maybe earlier and I did buy a new NVME driver 2020-08-23 so I was thinking it might be something there? I have basically change everything in my computer beside the nvme disks. But maybe this is not the old issue - maybe this is a new issue with the BIOS or similar and the XMP2 are fixing it.

MoKiChU wrote:
I told you previously :

this did solve my issue. Thanks.Â*