cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5900X - Kernel 41 & WHEA Errors Since Bios 2502

Cask-UK
Level 8
Currently testing BIOS 3101 (5900X with 2 x 8GB G.Skill 3600 14-15-15-35).

https://i.imgur.com/NbMLD2a.png

I've tried stock BIOS, DOCP & PBO on/off, one off and the other on (multiple configs) but I cannot seem to rid my PC of idle reboots. I'm not getting BSOD under load but idle restarts are not going away. I've disable DF Cstates, dram power down enable and global c states to no avail. Is there something else I can config in my BIOS to try and fix my BSOD?
5 REPLIES 5

dzo888
Level 8
I use to get the same idle reboots and WHEA errors in the event viewer with my setup as well. After going through forums, I found after setting the following, I stopped getting these issues.

After performing a load default settings, go back into BIOS and set these entries:

AI Overclock Tuner: D.O.C.P Standard
Memory Frequency: DDR4-3600MHz (set it to whatever your RAM advertises)
FCLK Frequency: 1800MHz
DRAM CAS# Latency: 16 (this should be set by the DOCP Standard)
Trcdrd: 16 (this should be set by the DOCP Standard)
Trcdwr: 16 (this should be set by the DOCP Standard)
DRAM RAS# Pre Time: 16 (this should be set by the DOCP Standard)
DRAM RAS# ACT Time: 36 (this should be set by the DOCP Standard)
Trc: 52 (set it to whatever your RAM advertises)
SB Clock Spread Spectrum: Disabled (this will get your Bus Clock to show up as 100MHz instead of 99.8MHz in HWInfo)
DRAM Voltage: 1.35 (this should be set by the DOCP Standard)
1.00V SB Voltage: 1.00 (explicitly set this to 1.00)
1.8V PLL Voltage: 1.80 (explicitly set this to 1.80)
SVM Mode: Enabled (so that I can run VMs)
Global C-state Control: Enabled
Power Supply Idle Control: Low Current Idle
DF Cstates: Enabled
CPPC: Enabled
CPPC Preferred Cores: Enabled

Aside from these settings, I turned off all Q-Fan Controls and turned off Fast Boot. Not sure if they make a difference, but I haven't ran into any more idle reboots or WHEA-Logger Processor Core errors.

Thanks for the reply. 5900X as well?

Cask-UK wrote:
Thanks for the reply. 5900X as well?

I am running a 3900XT. I wish I waited for the 5900X, but I think I would have lost sleep trying to get it. Getting a RTX 3090 was a struggle in itself.

Forgot to add, make sure you install the AMD Chipset Drivers. MoKiChU seems to put out the most latest stuff:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118343-DRIVERS-AMD-Chipset-SATA-(3xx-4xx-5xx-TRX40)

Thanks. That chipset driver isn't listed as a beta driver.... Why isn't it on the Asus support site o_O

Did your fix your idle restarts with that chipset driver installed?

Cask-UK wrote:
Thanks. That chipset driver isn't listed as a beta driver.... Why isn't it on the Asus support site o_O

Chipset driver is best from AMD directly (always has been the case, always will be the case pointless complaining about facts that will never change and are the same for Intel drivers, RealTEK and anything else for that matter)
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570