cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix Fusion 700 driver doesn't work

Klind0r
Level 7
I have been using ROG Strix 700 headphones with PC for over a year and recently noticed that i can not setup my headphones with Armoury Crate. Whenever i try to change the following options: sound optimalization, reverb, equalizer, bass boost, compressor, voice clarity; the headphones completley ignore these changes even though the program let me change these options. i know that when i bought it worked and it was important to me as i play fps games competitively i need the equalizer and compressor for better hearing. I am so dissapointed pls asus fix these issues. :(:(:(
8 REPLIES 8

Klind0r
Level 7
A Win 10 reinstall fixed the issue...

Klind0r wrote:
A Win 10 reinstall fixed the issue...

Which version of the Win 10 did you reinstalled??

I'm using this headset as well, and I'm having some surround sound issues (actually surround is not working at all, headset only works in stereo) with latest Windows 10 20H2 version. Probably due to poor Asus driver

Nadzran
Level 7
Klind0r wrote:
I have been using ROG Strix 700 headphones with PC for over a year and recently noticed that i can not setup my headphones with Armoury Crate. Whenever i try to change the following options: sound optimalization, reverb, equalizer, bass boost, compressor, voice clarity; the headphones completley ignore these changes even though the program let me change these options. i know that when i bought it worked and it was important to me as i play fps games competitively i need the equalizer and compressor for better hearing. I am so dissapointed pls asus fix these issues. :(:(:(

I literally have the same problem! It is so damn annoying and it was working fine before this. Crap driver!

Nadzran wrote:
I literally have the same problem! It is so damn annoying and it was working fine before this. Crap driver!

I know why this problem occurs. Check if you are using Dolmy Atmos etc kind of Spatial Sound settings in Windows Sound options. Dolby Atmos is overriding all the settings on Armoury Crate.

Seymen wrote:
I know why this problem occurs. Check if you are using Dolmy Atmos etc kind of Spatial Sound settings in Windows Sound options. Dolby Atmos is overriding all the settings on Armoury Crate.

In the end, i just reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch and so far it has been back to normal. Will try this method out if it acts out again. Is this method proven to work?

Nadzran wrote:
In the end, i just reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch and so far it has been back to normal. Will try this method out if it acts out again. Is this method proven to work?

Yes I'm using the same headset with Dolby Atmos Spatial settings in Windows. I cannot change any settings in Armoury Crate aswell because DOlby overrides everything. You need to use Dolby Atmos settings (Equliazer etc) if you want to play with sound quality

Seymen wrote:
Yes I'm using the same headset with Dolby Atmos Spatial settings in Windows. I cannot change any settings in Armoury Crate aswell because DOlby overrides everything. You need to use Dolby Atmos settings (Equliazer etc) if you want to play with sound quality

So if you turn off the Dolby Atmos Spatial settings, can you adjust your Armoury Crate? or are you just stuck on using Dolby Atmos?

Nadzran wrote:
So if you turn off the Dolby Atmos Spatial settings, can you adjust your Armoury Crate? or are you just stuck on using Dolby Atmos?

Yes if you turn off DOlby Atmos (or any of the Spatial settings you use) you can adjust anything in Armoury Crate.