HDCP2.2 Compliance

rumtintin
Level 7
Hi all,

Monitor: PG27AQ
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Motherboard: MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)
CPU: Coffee Lake i7

After diving through forum after forum, I can't determine definitively how to tell what version of HDCP compliance I have. The Asus pages just say "Yes," but not if it's HDCP 2.2 compliant. I'm on Coffee Lake i7 by the way.

I'd like to get to being able to stream HDR, and I'm willing to get another monitor if that's what's required, but I don't know why it's so difficult to determine the specific HDCP compliance of each monitor. (And yup I know my cables need to be compatible too.)

Thanks for any help in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

Drayco31
Level 11
HAve a read of this site that describes HDCP in more detail.
https://www.benq.eu/en-eu/knowledge-center/knowledge/what-is-hdcp-and-why-is-it-important-in-4k.html

From what I've read if it's a 4K display with a HDCP certification then it'll be correct version for 4k content so you have nothing to worry about as the display should be fine....Should really be a sticker for the HDMI ports though I can't find anything for DP

EDIT: Signup to a stream site(cancel during free trial) and try it.

rumtintin
Level 7
Thank you for the link. I suspect that the PG27AQ is not 2.2, probably 1.4. It's just annoying that the technical specs for the monitor (at least that I've been able to find) don't specify, they only indicate "Yes."