cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard not working

BNapoleon
Level 7
Hey,

Just got a G74s and the kids were playing it and now I have no keyboard working. when I press 'P' windows makes a bing sound and pressing 'W' looks like it works like an up arrow?

Must be something they pressed but damned if I can figure it out.

Please help.

Cheers
5 REPLIES 5

BrodyBoy
Level 10
What does a restart do? Still no keyboard at all?

dstrakele
Level 14
I don't believe the kids did anything (unless they spilled liquid on the keyboard). I've read some threads where additional characters or different characters appear when certain keys are pressed. I think you've got a defective keyboard and recommend exchanging your laptop for a new unit if you are still within your retailer's exchange/return period.
Don't let them talk you into an RMA.

I would attempt an ASUS Factoty Restore as a last attempt.at a software fix. Press F9 at the ASUS splash screen and choose Option 1 to restore Windows to the 1st partition. Be sure to backup any important files on that partition as it will be completely overwritten.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

jack kallis wrote:
I cant understand your post but what i get,you said your keyboard is not working try insert keyboard jack properly and restart your computer it will help you.

Is this spam....you selling something? Did you really not notice that this is a laptop forum?

dstrakele
Level 14
Looks pretty much like pork byproduct to me...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
Looks pretty much like pork byproduct to me...

Ha! 🙂 (I'm a vegetarian....is that the same as this "pink slime" stuff they keep talking about?)