cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus FX705GE Hardware problems

SBAPKat
Level 7
HI,
I've already made a post on this forum concerning the regular crashing this laptop has.
After RMA, Asus has decided nothing is wrong with the laptop and sent it back to me, I then resent it because the issue was still there.
When I got it, again, they couldn't see anything wrong but they did a reassembly nonetheless. Still, the laptop crashed litterally within the first hour of use.
Now, I haven't sent it back yet, because I haven't been using that laptop much and it mainly sat around on my desk since then.
The problem is, the screen developped a red spot in the middle that's visible when black/ very dark colors are displayed.
A fan is also starting to die out, making very a very noticable "vibration" noise at times.
I am starting to get worried that this machine is just beyond repair at this point, because I don't even know if any of this is even covered by warranty (which is still valid).
Is there any procedure with which I could get into contact with an asus rep other than through RMA? I can't seem to contact anyone that cares about the crashing issue.

Thank you for reading me, and please enjoy the remaining of 2020.
2 REPLIES 2

Blake1
Level 10
Hello SBAPKat,
Please kindly PM me your SN or RMA number.
Also, may I have some picture or video record of the issue?
When the laptop crash, was there any error message?
Thank you.

Hello Blake,
I have sent you a PM with all the details you've asked for.
Thank you for your time.