cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will my system work normally?

ArnoldT
Level 7
Hello

i have a tuf Z390-plus gaming and a rog strix z490-g gaming (Wi-Fi) and all i get when switching sata mode selection is the message on the Screenshot.

When will the systems work normally? Never?

i m truly disappointed by asus that s the least to say,

Regards,
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
*** Moved from SI section. Must have existing RMA ***

Are you saying that when you change the setting it doesn't apply?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

raju2529
Level 7
Arnold , do bios reset , or adjust to default settings ,save and exit.

again configure sata mode.

if new bios firmware is available means, download and install it
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Hello,

no the settings apply but why that strange message? i also have the message after each clear cmos that says :"After setting up intel optane memory or the raid configuration was built, you must set sata mode to raid to avoid unknown issues".

i don't see the point in using ahci, this is what i wanted and i can't have it.

i ve just tried a bios reset and i still have the two messages, so boring,

Best regards,

Arnold

RedSector73
Level 12
@ArnoldT

Your point is moot. Change to ACHI *MAY* result in data loss. Never has for me ever. You should have setup using the ACHI driver from the start. Worst Case blow your current OS and start again with ACHI drivers.

Windows 10 uses specific drivers for sata mode and achi, changing may cause the existing OS to bork, however Windows 10 has come a long way and YMMV it may be able to recover from this these days, but do your research first and find out the answer.

xeromist
Just to clarify, it's referring to a potential problem upon switching modes rather than a permanent flaw in the AHCI implementation. If you install Windows after the switch you will not have any issues. If I recall, when Windows fails to start due to a change in this setting there is a workaround so if you get an error just type it into Google.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…