Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Happy new years.
    Hopefully we get this sorted for you soon. Sorry it process of elimination, just how it is when it does not work. You can use second slot, may cause x8 PCIE Gen 4.0 rather than x16 PCIE Gen 4.0, does this matter..... not really. It is more likely the second EATX isnt needed, still rather hook it up, rather than not, again it's a habbit. Some of things I say are habbit from building theses systems, both of these are habbits.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 01-01-2021 at 03:24 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by catch36 View Post
    Which one of the 4 motherboard LED's lights are on when the Q-code 02 is on the display during boot . if any of them stay on, there's your problem.
    Catch36, it's the fourth LED light labeled "Boot".

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by RedSector73 View Post
    Happy new years.
    Hopefully we get this sorted for you soon. Sorry it process of elimination, just how it is when it does not work. You can use second slot, may cause x8 PCIE Gen 4.0 rather than x16 PCIE Gen 4.0, does this matter..... not really. It is more likely the second EATX isnt needed, still rather hook it up, rather than not, again it's a habbit. Some of things I say are habbit from building theses systems, both of these are habbits.
    Good morning RedSector and thank you again for taking the time to help with this. I watched the video on flashing the BIOS and I'd previously performed it just as was described and have tried it again several times since watching the video. The video was helpful in particular because it showed what should happen after releasing the BIOS flash button -- the BIOS button flashing and the USB memory stick lighting up as it is being read for several minutes. This does not happen when I perform the USB BIOS Flashback procedure. The BIOS flash button just stays illuminated and the USB memory stick does not light up showing it is being read. I've tried it with two different USB memory sticks, each USB 2.0 sticks formated in FAT format with no other files on them with the same result.

I also tried removing all but one RAM stick. I was surprised I could not find a 4 pin power plug to add to the mobo CPU power interface from the cables that came with my Seasonic PSU so have not added that cable yet. I confirmed that the three piece support structure and pads for the Bitspower monoblock was installed correctly. No change in the mobo response.

Anyway, given the strange way the mobo will apparently not even allow the USB BIOS Flashback to work does not give me confidence this can be resolved by any obvious options available to us. I've already put in for a return of the mobo with Best Buy and have a Dark Hero mobo set to arrive by hopefully Monday. I hate to take up any more of your time helping with this as things currently stand.

My grandson is wanting to play with me today so think I'll wait to see how the Dark Hero mobo works before I or anyone invests any more time and energy in troubleshooting this problem. Certainly, if you have any more ideas I listen. And, of course I'll let you know how things go with the Dark Hero.... Thanks again for your help!

Happy New Year!

ROG Member Array

Hopefully the Dark Hero sorts it but I've read of someone getting that error also on that board and it being sorted by power cycling their monitor/TV and/or replacing the cable.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Normally FAT format 8gb is ideal, but I have used 32gb sticks without issue. The naming of a file is the only other thing that needs to be right. And the time - it can take long time to finish 10 mins even.

If you were unable to update the BIOS then this is the source issue. The Ryzen 5000 series will not post correctly until the BIOS is up-to-date with the release version or higher.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 01-02-2021 at 02:19 AM.

ROG Member Array nrschoen PC Specs
    nrschoen PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero VIII
    ProcessorI7 6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3400C16D-16GVK
    Graphics Card #1Galax HOF 980 ti
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
    Storage #2Crucial CT512 MX100 500gb
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 extreme
    CaseThermaltake V51
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G430
    OS Windows 10 64bit

I had similar, had to unplug all usb/other data other than nvme to get into bios first time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2