cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 Change CPU temp for fan curve

sd_dracula1
Level 7
Is there a way to change what temp is set for the CPU in AI suite/ Fan xpert uses for my fan curves?
Basically it is using the CPU temp instead of CPU package which gives it the correct temps.

As you can see from hwinfo the difference between the two can be 20 degrees, i.e. the CPU temp can be showing 50c but the CPU package is actually 70c so the fan curves don't work as they should.
The problem is that if I change the curve to dropping 20c the fans then stay high even on idle (see attached for the cpu fan curve)

Any suggestions on how I may fix that?
1 REPLY 1

T-Boner
Level 7
sd_dracula1 wrote:
Is there a way to change what temp is set for the CPU in AI suite/ Fan xpert uses for my fan curves?
Basically it is using the CPU temp instead of CPU package which gives it the correct temps.

As you can see from hwinfo the difference between the two can be 20 degrees, i.e. the CPU temp can be showing 50c but the CPU package is actually 70c so the fan curves don't work as they should.
The problem is that if I change the curve to dropping 20c the fans then stay high even on idle (see attached for the cpu fan curve)

Any suggestions on how I may fix that?

THIS.

Apologies for the necro, but this is just too important to be ignored. HOW is this a thing and why hasn't it been addressed? It's so absurd that when I speak w/ my tech buddies, they assume it's incompetence or something I missed and don't actually believe me until I show them. Not to mention the lack of any GPU temp reporting or function..

IMHO, for something as important as controlling fans for the cooling of a PC containing parts worth thousands of dollars, it's simply unacceptable. Especially so considering the #1 destroyer of electronics and component degradation is HEAT! Looks like we're forced to rely on third-party software to control the fans (dunno if I can post a link but it's called FanControl and can be found on github) on what is my most expensive component (outside the GPU, ofc) in my $200 ASUS ROG STRIX motherboard to protect $2k worth of parts inside my computer.

Absolutely ridiculous (shameful, really)...