cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q Code 40 x570 e gaming

primeshooter
Level 10
Sometimes I get AA, most of the time I get 40. I realise it may not be an issue, but the OCD in me get's annoyed as to why. I don't use sleep, etc, so why is it saying 40 is awoke from sleep. It is unplugged at the wall when I am done and turned on the next day, yet always this 40 code?
8 REPLIES 8

RedSector73
Level 12
Qcode 30 should mean recovery from S3 sleep state and Qcode 40 is a recovery S4 sleep state. Qcode AA is as successful handoff to OS.
None of it actually matters very much as they all success state (justy think of it as succesful handoff to OS and problem will be gone in your head), if bothers your OCD so much, then you should turn off the poster in the BIOS or change it to CPU temp.

I will try to disable it after it Posts, didn't realise this could be done; thanks for that info!

RedSector73
Level 12
No problem, did my OCD in as well as it changes with each new BIOS ... I learned to think >successful handoff to OS< and considered turning off Qcode poster but eventually I was ok with this.

RedSector73 wrote:
No problem, did my OCD in as well as it changes with each new BIOS ... I learned to think >successful handoff to OS< and considered turning off Qcode poster but eventually I was ok with this.

I don't have the option in my bios to turn it off, I don't have a line that says ROG effects... Bios is 2802 (last known stable from reading here).

RedSector73
Level 12
Should be in
Advanced -> Qcode LED function

RedSector73 wrote:
Should be in
Advanced -> Qcode LED function

Weird, not even showing up in the advanced menu!

primeshooter wrote:
Weird, not even showing up in the advanced menu!

IDK then could only find ROG x570 Strix BIOS on youtube video (going through it) and shows up there.

RedSector73 wrote:
IDK then could only find ROG x570 Strix BIOS on youtube video (going through it) and shows up there.

Randomly, I found it hidden in the "Onboard Devices Configuration" part of advanced. I turned it off, so now it only shows during Post, which is how it should be and the code is gone. Thanks for that.