cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use asus bios updater for new 4th gen processors

Hasboy55
Level 7
I have an asus h87m-plus motherboard and an i5 4440 cpu.
My friend is nice enough to give me his old i5 4690. I found out the hard way that i need a bios update for the new cpu's
If i try to use the bios updater from the motherboard software i get this screen.

I cannot find this intel management engine interface for 4th gen processors. The only ones on intel their website are 6-8th gen.
On the internet it said it might be also included in a chipset update.
But after updating my chipset with both of the chipset updates from the motherboard website it didnt allow me to press yes.
I have also tried multiple chipset version the most current one 2108 and the one where the update was included version 807.

I have found a link for the intel MEI update from intel their own website but the page has been removed.

Does anybody have a link to the Intel MEI drivers or know a different way to update the bios to allow new processors.

Thank you all for reading this post.
3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You need these drivers (including the Intel MEI (Management Engine Interface) drivers you need) for your ASUS H87M-PLUS motherboard :

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (6x/7x/8x/9x)

- Intel Chipset Drivers (Drivers Only Package)

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8x/9x

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8x/9x

[DRIVERS] Realtek Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Realtek Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

You have an ASUS Realtek motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF DTS&RTK MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You need these drivers (including the Intel MEI (Management Engine Interface) drivers you need) for your ASUS H87M-PLUS motherboard :

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA (6x/7x/8x/9x)

- Intel Chipset Drivers (Drivers Only Package)

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8x/9x

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8x/9x

[DRIVERS] Realtek Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Realtek Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx)

You have an ASUS Realtek motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/PRIME/TUF DTS&RTK MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Hello thank you for replying. After downloading all the newest versions and following all instructions i still cannot press on yes. Do you know any other way to get the update to install?

Hasboy55 wrote:
Hello thank you for replying. After downloading all the newest versions and following all instructions i still cannot press on yes. Do you know any other way to get the update to install?

- Go in the installation folder (BIOS_updater_for_New_4th_Gen_Intel_Core_Processors\V2.00.02)
- Right click on ver64.bat > Edit > Delete everything in it and copy pasted this code instead :

@echo off
%windir%\system32\reg.exe query "HKU\S-1-5-19" >nul 2>&1 || (
echo /!\ Run as administrator /!\
echo.
echo Press any key to continue ...
pause >nul
exit
)
pushd %~dp0
FWUpdLcl64 -FORCERESET -F Data.BIN
pause

- Save the file then close the notepad
- Right click on ver64.bat > Run as administrator > Automatic restart when install is done