Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    hi, all,
    I just purchased this motherboard this week with 3900x
    The memory I got is : G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC 2x 16GB 3600 3600 DS SK Hynix 16-19-19-39

    the memory is approved to use by Asus and Gskill.

    however, once DOCP is enabled or I manually set memory frequency and voltage, the system, in most of times, can boot into windows but will shut down randomly without me touching keyboard or mouse....for now, i can go 3200Mhz and 16-17-17-17-35, stable, no issue

    I am a newbie, thinking just enable DOCP/XMP and forget about it, but looks like I am having trouble..

    Bios is 1802 latest beta

    thank you

  2. #12
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Tounet View Post
    Hello,

    You have a B550-I and your ram kit works well @ 3600 and 3800 (sync 1:1 with FSB ?) ? Could you post model number of you ram ?
    Sure thing

    This is the kit I got (the 32gb 3600mhz version). I got Micron E-die chips on it but some people said they got something else so it can be random I guess.

    XPG SPECTRIX D50 RGB 32 Go (2 x 16 Go) 3600MHz DDR4 PC4-28800 U-DIMM 288-broches CL18-20-20 Mémoire de jeu Gris - AX4U3600316G18A-DT50
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I use those settings : https://ibb.co/wCgcFKB

  3. #13
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by ERDNUSS View Post
    same problem here with my Patriot 3600 Kit (PVB432G360C8K) it even was on the QVL list for Ryzen 5000:
    https://abload.de/img/qvl6gk1p.png

    Because Asus removed the List i gues they are aware of the problem. But some official statement would be nice so i would know if i should return the board or not...
    Like in the other thread.. How are you overclocking? Using DOCP profile? Also overclocking CPU? Did you play with timings and voltage?

  4. #14
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    48

    Quote Originally Posted by ivy037 View Post
    hi, all,
    I just purchased this motherboard this week with 3900x
    The memory I got is : G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC 2x 16GB 3600 3600 DS SK Hynix 16-19-19-39

    the memory is approved to use by Asus and Gskill.

    however, once DOCP is enabled or I manually set memory frequency and voltage, the system, in most of times, can boot into windows but will shut down randomly without me touching keyboard or mouse....for now, i can go 3200Mhz and 16-17-17-17-35, stable, no issue

    I am a newbie, thinking just enable DOCP/XMP and forget about it, but looks like I am having trouble..

    Bios is 1802 latest beta

    thank you
    I hope you realise that in reality you are not using the latest BIOS. In fact many have come out since that solve the issue (at least for me), so I am not sure why you thought that was the latest. At the moment with all the issues related to the 5000 series chips and BIOS related problems, Asus and most other motherboard manufacturers seem to be releasing tweaked versions on an almost daily basis.

    I have exactly the same configuration and the issue seems to have been largely solved from BIOS version 3001 onwards. The BIOS versions before were dreadful for both 3000 and 5000 series processors. We are now up to 3402 for the X570 I-Gaming. I strongly suggest you upgrade to that as it will solve your DOCP issues as well as FCLK.

    https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards...helpdesk_bios/

    For me, I am able to run at stock DOCP/XMP, and I also have the FCLK set to 1800. Whilst I could go higher, 1:1 is pretty optimal and the extra benefits outweigh the stability risks.

  5. #15
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Daylight_Invader View Post
    I hope you realise that in reality you are not using the latest BIOS. In fact many have come out since that solve the issue (at least for me), so I am not sure why you thought that was the latest. At the moment with all the issues related to the 5000 series chips and BIOS related problems, Asus and most other motherboard manufacturers seem to be releasing tweaked versions on an almost daily basis.

    I have exactly the same configuration and the issue seems to have been largely solved from BIOS version 3001 onwards. The BIOS versions before were dreadful for both 3000 and 5000 series processors. We are now up to 3402 for the X570 I-Gaming. I strongly suggest you upgrade to that as it will solve your DOCP issues as well as FCLK.

    https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards...helpdesk_bios/

    For me, I am able to run at stock DOCP/XMP, and I also have the FCLK set to 1800. Whilst I could go higher, 1:1 is pretty optimal and the extra benefits outweigh the stability risks.
    Jesus christ, how many threads do you have to spam that incorrect message. The latest B550 BIOS has a different revision number than X570 motherboards. How hard is that to comprehend?

  6. #16
    ROG Member Array Tounet PC Specs
    Tounet PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 FE
    MonitorDell 32" - S3220DGF
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus M.2 PCIe NVMe 1 To
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12A
    CaseLian Li TU150X
    Power SupplyCorsair SF Series SF750

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Quote Originally Posted by Daylight_Invader View Post
    I hope you realise that in reality you are not using the latest BIOS. In fact many have come out since that solve the issue (at least for me), so I am not sure why you thought that was the latest. At the moment with all the issues related to the 5000 series chips and BIOS related problems, Asus and most other motherboard manufacturers seem to be releasing tweaked versions on an almost daily basis.

    I have exactly the same configuration and the issue seems to have been largely solved from BIOS version 3001 onwards. The BIOS versions before were dreadful for both 3000 and 5000 series processors. We are now up to 3402 for the X570 I-Gaming. I strongly suggest you upgrade to that as it will solve your DOCP issues as well as FCLK.

    https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards...helpdesk_bios/

    For me, I am able to run at stock DOCP/XMP, and I also have the FCLK set to 1800. Whilst I could go higher, 1:1 is pretty optimal and the extra benefits outweigh the stability risks.

    You're funny, man. You're trying to explain and justify a stability problem that you don't even understand.

    Please stop talking nonsense. I tried the last two versions 1602 and 1801 (please don't confuse with the X570 version) with all the default settings and just the docp profile enabled and the problem is still there. WHEA errors ... etc.

  7. #17
    ROG Member Array Tounet PC Specs
    Tounet PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 FE
    MonitorDell 32" - S3220DGF
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus M.2 PCIe NVMe 1 To
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12A
    CaseLian Li TU150X
    Power SupplyCorsair SF Series SF750

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    Version 1801 is based on AGESA 1.2.0.0 ?

  8. #18
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    41

    Hey there, i can finally post in forums.

    I have the same mobo and problem as you with the G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 3600MHZ TRIDENT Z NEO DUAL KIT

    at 3600 the system is not stable..im running at 3200 2 weeks+ now and all good..havent tested the beta 1.2.0.0 bios..waiting for the stable update.

    You had any luck running at 3600?

    I hope an ASUS Rep see this and tell us whats up with this...

  9. #19
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    41

    Quote Originally Posted by Tounet View Post
    Version 1801 is based on AGESA 1.2.0.0 ?
    Had any luck fixing the issue?

  10. #20
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    45

    Download Thaiphoon Burner.
    Click on Read, then on Report, scroll down to XMP Parameters.
    Note down the values somewhere.
    Go into BIOS and check if all values are correctly applied.

    On my BIOS and MB (B550-E) they are not. (tFAW, tRC, tRRD_S , tRRD_L).
    Somehow D.O.C.P doesn't correctly apply those settings and chooses some lower/higher ones.
    Last edited by schm0; 02-06-2021 at 10:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •