cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero XII won't post - qcode loop $C 3E 32 &4

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
So my system suddenly fails to post. Everything seems to have power , fans spinning, lights on graphics powered etc. It just keeps looping with pauses in qcode 4C 3E 32 74 repeating until I power down. No post or display.

I have tried:
- Swapping GPUs and GPU slot. Removing GPU,
- Swapped processor
- Doing individual RAMS in different slots.
- I have disconnected everything not essential - except for cooling and nvme
- Visually inspected for shorts
- reset cmos
- reflashed bios with bios flashback

Always the same looping qcodes, no post, no display I have run out of ideas.

Anything I might be missing, sugesstions?

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case
5 REPLIES 5

Erwin05
Level 10
Maybe a bad cable?

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90773-No-display-and-Unable-to-boot-to-bios-Q-Code-00-4C-3...

Only install a cpu, 1 memory stick in the 1st slot and a video card if it is possible run memtest.

Unplug everthing else from the MB.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Said I did all that if you had read my post.
Can't run memtest if it won't post

Turns out a removal of the CMOS battery did the trick after all of that.

I didn't do that first since you have to remover an nvme heat-sink cover to do it.

SOLVED

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
Said I did all that if you had read my post.
Can't run memtest if it won't post

Turns out a removal of the CMOS battery did the trick after all of that.

I didn't do that first since you have to remover an nvme heat-sink cover to do it.

SOLVED

Was the battery dead or does replacing it with a new one still cause the issue? Good job figuring it out, that would have been a tough one.

Erwin05
Level 10
When the battery is empty the pc starts up to the ami bios screen where u can press F1.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
^ Yep. Just dropping the battery power briefly fixe4 it. Apparently the clear cmos button doesn't clear everything as I had tried that multiple times.

Was near to RMAing it, and I didn't want to go through that experience!