Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Desertum_0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    179

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
    Here is the link Johnny,

    https://mega.nz/file/zNVVVAiR#0HmHdm...KiIqTYqA2TiTXM
    Last edited by Desertum_0; 01-11-2021 at 03:56 AM.

  2. #12
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    20
    Posts
    67

    Can anyone mod the Encore 0901 Bios with MC29 from this https://drive.google.com/file/d/19eI...SxCwMNdkC/edit and the ResizeBar https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhq2wp2vpl...-0070.rar?dl=0 from this and the latestmodule updates, please?

    thanks
    Last edited by einsindrei; 01-12-2021 at 07:26 PM.

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Desertum_0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    179

    Quote Originally Posted by einsindrei View Post
    Can anyone mod the Encore 0901 Bios with MC29 from this https://drive.google.com/file/d/19eI...SxCwMNdkC/edit and the ResizeBar https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhq2wp2vpl...-0070.rar?dl=0 from this and the latestmodule updates, please?

    thanks
    Do you have a 3000 series from nvidia?
    Maybe you can tell me if it's true that it only works with the 3000 series. I am still on Pascal.

  4. #14
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertum_0 View Post
    Do you have a 3000 series from nvidia?
    Maybe you can tell me if it's true that it only works with the 3000 series. I am still on Pascal.
    You will need updated drivers from NVIDIA (and maybe a new BIOS for the GPU) that support REBAR. As per NVIDIA https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...e-bar-support/):

    For desktop systems to get the benefits of Resizable BAR, you will need a graphics card, motherboard and graphics driver that support the feature. New GeForce RTX graphics cards starting with the GeForce RTX 3060 will have support for Resizable BAR. NVIDIA and our GPU partners are also readying VBIOS updates for existing GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards starting in March.
    Our Game Ready Driver with Resizable BAR support will be released alongside the GeForce RTX 3060 in late February.
    So first, we'll have to wait, and second, you'll probably need an RTX 3000 series card.

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Desertum_0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    179

    Quote Originally Posted by BenJW View Post
    You will need updated drivers from NVIDIA (and maybe a new BIOS for the GPU) that support REBAR. As per NVIDIA https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...e-bar-support/):





    So first, we'll have to wait, and second, you'll probably need an RTX 3000 series card.
    Pascal owners still getting shafted with bad drivers and now this.

  6. #16
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mike Kelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    14
    Posts
    442

    I hope someone can help Me, I know I need to upgrade My MB/CPU/Ram, but being retired and 66 years old has made things a little hard right now.
    I have a Maximus VII Formula that I bought brand new ( WatchDogs version ) and lightning hit the house and I thought the Z97 board was dead.
    I struggled with another brand that was cheap and then decided to put the VII Formula back in and give it a try.

    For the most part I have used the 3503 Bios April 2018, but had lots of problems where when bios came on, the mouse would not work and
    could not change much. I just went back to 3003 (10/28/2015) and things are better.
    I just did a search for My MB bios and one person mentioned He had the same MB and was using 0901, and that is not listed under downloadable BIOS
    for My MB. I could never understand why Asus stopped with a Beta version in 2018 and did not complete it.

    Thank You for any info about if I can update bios to something else that may remember or work better. I cut My armor where the Bios battery is
    so that it is easy to remove or replace. My C drive is never listed in the main Boot menu, and I always have to hit F7 and F8 and then scroll down
    and click on C drive. I thought taking out the battery and waiting and putting it back in would reset the master boot area, but it always has
    the wrong SSD.

    Thank You so much for any help or advice, I appreciate it.

    Mike

  7. #17
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    74
    Posts
    370

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
    I hope someone can help Me, I know I need to upgrade My MB/CPU/Ram, but being retired and 66 years old has made things a little hard right now.
    I have a Maximus VII Formula that I bought brand new ( WatchDogs version ) and lightning hit the house and I thought the Z97 board was dead.
    I struggled with another brand that was cheap and then decided to put the VII Formula back in and give it a try.

    For the most part I have used the 3503 Bios April 2018, but had lots of problems where when bios came on, the mouse would not work and
    could not change much. I just went back to 3003 (10/28/2015) and things are better.
    I just did a search for My MB bios and one person mentioned He had the same MB and was using 0901, and that is not listed under downloadable BIOS
    for My MB. I could never understand why Asus stopped with a Beta version in 2018 and did not complete it.

    Thank You for any info about if I can update bios to something else that may remember or work better. I cut My armor where the Bios battery is
    so that it is easy to remove or replace. My C drive is never listed in the main Boot menu, and I always have to hit F7 and F8 and then scroll down
    and click on C drive. I thought taking out the battery and waiting and putting it back in would reset the master boot area, but it always has
    the wrong SSD.

    Thank You so much for any help or advice, I appreciate it.

    Mike
    Ahh, you only have 6 years on me and about half the rest of the crowd here.

    Best Advice I can give you for now is wait a little bit Everything is at end of life. Like worst Ive seen since my commodore 64 and my upgrade to a 386 floored me LOL. Roadmap looks like by the fall there will be some decent releases. Right now anything you build will be obolete before you get it put together. You are several generations behind so may as well just give it a little but more. As for BIOS updates search your MOBO. ASUS will be one of the listings. Click on the support letters in the top right then look in the drivers menu and it will show you which BIOS upadtes are available. There may be something newer than what you have if youve not updated it but There hasnt been any new releases on that platform for some time. Whenever something new comes out they just ditch last gens stuff and move on.

    The 0901 is for the X299 Rampage VI Extreme HEDT, they are supposed to be rolling out a new one but its not made the download page on the Rampage VI Extreme.

    3503 is the latest for your board dated 4/26/2018

    That was a beast of a board in its day. I just looked and some butt fleas selling refurbs for $700.......when pigs FLY!!

    Nice ride in pic

    heres my hunk of junk nekked. I put on a batwing and bags, have both hard leather and fiberglass.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1645.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	88404

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1605.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	88405
    Last edited by BigJohnny; 04-19-2021 at 02:32 AM.

  8. #18
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Nonny PC Specs
    Nonny PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extrem BIOS 3101
    Processorintel i7-5960x
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2666C16 (64 GB)
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX Titan Black
    Sound CardCreative ZxR
    MonitorLG Ultrawide 34" + Asus MX279 27"
    Storage #1Corsair SSD Neutron 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung ST2000DM01
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H105 240mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    CaseCoolermaster Storm Trooper
    Power SupplyCoolerMaster Silend Pro 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark
    Mouse ROCCAT Nyth modular MMO Mouse
    Headset Razer Tiamant 7.1 Analog
    Mouse Pad ROCCAT Hiro
    Headset/Speakers F&D No.: 6000U
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterTP-Link Archer AC8
    Accessory #1 3D Conexion - 3d Space mouse Eterprice Edition
    Accessory #2 Wacom Intuos 5m Pro Wireless
    Accessory #3 Asus Front Base , OC Panel, Logitech C930e

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    82

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
    I hope someone can help Me, I know I need to upgrade My MB/CPU/Ram, but being retired and 66 years old has made things a little hard right now.
    I have a Maximus VII Formula that I bought brand new ( WatchDogs version ) and lightning hit the house and I thought the Z97 board was dead.
    I struggled with another brand that was cheap and then decided to put the VII Formula back in and give it a try.

    For the most part I have used the 3503 Bios April 2018, but had lots of problems where when bios came on, the mouse would not work and
    could not change much. I just went back to 3003 (10/28/2015) and things are better.
    I just did a search for My MB bios and one person mentioned He had the same MB and was using 0901, and that is not listed under downloadable BIOS
    for My MB. I could never understand why Asus stopped with a Beta version in 2018 and did not complete it.

    Thank You for any info about if I can update bios to something else that may remember or work better. I cut My armor where the Bios battery is
    so that it is easy to remove or replace. My C drive is never listed in the main Boot menu, and I always have to hit F7 and F8 and then scroll down
    and click on C drive. I thought taking out the battery and waiting and putting it back in would reset the master boot area, but it always has
    the wrong SSD.

    Thank You so much for any help or advice, I appreciate it.

    Mike
    Hello Mike,

    i belive this would be another forum this here is for the rampage VI(6) Extreme "Encore version" I belive this would be the forum for Maximus boards :
    Maximus Boards .... this 0901 BIOS would be for the "Rampage 6 Borad "Encore""

    With Friendly Greeting
    Nonny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •