cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't overclock my Ram above 3000mhz

temnozor
Level 7
Hi guys, so i bought a new pc and can't go above 3000mhz with the Profile 2 While Profile 1 with 3600mhz rebooting my pc and goes back to the bios

My specs

Tuf Gaming b550-plus (updated bios to the latest version 1401)

CPU AMD 3600XT

Memory:Kingston Hyper X FURY BLACK 2x8GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL17

PSU: Corsair RM850 GOLD

GPU EVGA 1070 (used my old one)

I also tried serval different RAM sticks and they too can't go above 3000 in profile

*Manual also doesn't work i could boost it just up to 3060mhz max also voltage it up to 1.47000 still rebooting and can't reach 3200
7 REPLIES 7

yukich
Level 7
I suggest to get a better RAM if you don't want to have problems with this boards. I am running G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 at ddr 3800 1900 if 1:1 with no issues.

yukich wrote:
I suggest to get a better RAM if you don't want to have problems with this boards. I am running G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 at ddr 3800 1900 if 1:1 with no issues.

i tried many Trident Z rams nothing goes beyond 3060mhz so it's not a ram thing

Its a general problem and has nothing to do with low quality memory, i hope ASUS is working on this.
I am using officially tested RAM from ASUSs (now deleted) QVL List for supported Modules and i dont get the desired frequencies either.
If you look around the internet you will find many people with this problem.

ERDNUSS wrote:
Its a general problem and has nothing to do with low quality memory, i hope ASUS is working on this.
I am using officially tested RAM from ASUSs (now deleted) QVL List for supported Modules and i dont get the desired frequencies either.
If you look around the internet you will find many people with this problem.

Couldn't find any posts, can you share some?

temnozor wrote:
Couldn't find any posts, can you share some?

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?121907-ROG-Strix-B550-E-random-reboots-if-DOCP-enabled&p=8...

it is a common problem you can find it easaly on google

razlebol
Level 7
temnozor wrote:
Hi guys, so i bought a new pc and can't go above 3000mhz with the Profile 2 While Profile 1 with 3600mhz rebooting my pc and goes back to the bios

My specs

Tuf Gaming b550-plus (updated bios to the latest version 1401)

CPU AMD 3600XT

Memory:Kingston Hyper X FURY BLACK 2x8GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL17

PSU: Corsair RM850 GOLD

GPU EVGA 1070 (used my old one)

I also tried serval different RAM sticks and they too can't go above 3000 in profile

*Manual also doesn't work i could boost it just up to 3060mhz max also voltage it up to 1.47000 still rebooting and can't reach 3200

You should provide more info if you want help?

Are you overclocking manually or are you using a DOCP profile?
If you are doing it manually, are you playing with the timings too?
Did you change the DRAM voltage or the SOC voltage?
Is your CPU also overclocked?

razlebol wrote:
You should provide more info if you want help?

Are you overclocking manually or are you using a DOCP profile?
If you are doing it manually, are you playing with the timings too?
Did you change the DRAM voltage or the SOC voltage?
Is your CPU also overclocked?

I am currently using DOCP profile 2 and it shows me 3000mhz while profile 1 is 3600 and it doesn't work (rebooting multiple times)

I played with the voltage it doesn't seem to effect

CPU is overclocked by manufactor as written XT

When i manully trying to switch to 3200 my pc is restarting and goes back to bios, the max mhz i could reach was 3060mhz