cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus TUF 3080 OC middle fan buzz

PacketofCrisps
Level 7
Hi there, I recently received my TUF 3080 OC card and noticed at around 70% fan speed I was getting a slight buzz from my card, at first I thought it was coil whine but upon further investigation it is the middle fan that is buzzing, should I RMA my card? is this a common fault?
2 REPLIES 2

KMagic
Level 9
PacketofCrisps wrote:
Hi there, I recently received my TUF 3080 OC card and noticed at around 70% fan speed I was getting a slight buzz from my card, at first I thought it was coil whine but upon further investigation it is the middle fan that is buzzing, should I RMA my card? is this a common fault?

This is a known issue with several asus rtx30 cards right now. It appears to be an issue with the fan shroud. Some folks have solved it by wedging some substance under the shroud at certain places, like small rubber or a tiny piece of folded up napkin. Poke the shround a little in places as its buzzing and determine what causes it to go away.

Asus has been investigating the issue since launch months ago but no official word has come down of a fix. It is thought however that RMA would be necessary, which means many are not wanting to do it over such an issue and are thus trying various fixes.

My left fan on my 3060ti does the same thing, I just sent it in for RMA recently.