cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryuo 240 CPU Frequency display stuck on 4.000GHz

antelopeslr5000
Level 7
Hi all,

I have the Ryuo 240 and when set to display the CPU frequency via Armoury Crate is always displays a constant 4.000GHz and never varies. The CPU is a Ryzen 5950X and motherboard is the Crosshair VIII Formula. The motherboard is running the latest BIOS release.

Any ideas why the CPU frequency doesn't change depending on CPU load???*

The BIOS shows the cores at 3.4GHz when idle and HWiNFO64 displays CPU core frequency variations depending on work load (slightly over 4.9GHz at times)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.*
4 REPLIES 4

dannychee3
Level 7
antelopeslr5000 wrote:
Hi all,

I have the Ryuo 240 and when set to display the CPU frequency via Armoury Crate is always displays a constant 4.000GHz and never varies. The CPU is a Ryzen 5950X and motherboard is the Crosshair VIII Formula. The motherboard is running the latest BIOS release.

Any ideas why the CPU frequency doesn't change depending on CPU load???*

The BIOS shows the cores at 3.4GHz when idle and HWiNFO64 displays CPU core frequency variations depending on work load (slightly over 4.9GHz at times)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.*

Yoo Bro i can feel you i got the ryujin 360, x570 gero wifi. 5600x still the same problem. only showing 4.000Ghz never go up or down.

Same issue with rog ryugin 360 and 5900x. Cpu frequency stucks at 4000mhz and do nothing. What is going on?

DavyDee
Level 7
Same problem here - 5950X on a Crosshair VIII Impact. 4GHz it is, nothing else.
Is Asus staff known to be coming here at all? Guess not.

PS: I notice this problem exists with both Crate (not using, seeing your posts) and LiveDash (using).
Can it be a problem of whatever readings of the BIOS not showing correctly? But then unlikely if HWinfo does read it correctly.
Maybe the "layer" that feeds both LiveDash and Crate, some kind of API bug in the middle... just guessing.

PPS: maybe a bug for Ryzen 5k's specifically. I had my Ryujin running with a 3900X before, and as far as I recall it showed correctly the dynamic boost frequency also.

mdzcpa
Level 12
Have you tried resetting the cooler in armory crate and re-applying the hardware monitor settings you want?