cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed a Intel 7260 AC WIFI card but speeds are crap and crashes even with int dri

Miguel2014
Level 7
bought this card (see atachment)
I think it's the R version check SPS # I heard this is the updated version. I'm not sure ¿could u confirm?
anyway speeds are crap 5-15MB/s file transfer windows smb and tends to hang and freeze windows 10 for a moment. It's WIFI AC it should be awesome but not!
even with intel drivers this card is very poor and bad function.

¿What can I do? could you guys recomend me a driver for it? I installed it on the mini half pci-e port on the laptop ASUS K53SD from OCT 2012.
The wireless N that was on this pc worked but I wanted something better.

¿IS THERE A BETTER FASTER CARD THAN THE 7260AC?
3 REPLIES 3

Saltgrass
Level 13
I think the problem you are going to have is the form factor of the card. Newer ones don't seem to be available in that configuration. Is it the newest version, you might with some online retail site like Newegg..

The newest drivers should be on the page linked.. Make sure you download the correct ones and the final driver shown in Device Manager may not be the same as the version of the download.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265

Right now, the one I have on another system is showing a link speed of 36/36 Mbps on a 2.4 GHz network using the newest drivers. If I can get that higher, I will post back but the version of Win 10 you are running may also be involved. My card is not new, but about 8 years old.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

xyzbird
Level 8
In Saltgrass's link, look for Windows 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel Wireless Adapters and look for Note: This software release version does not include new drivers for the Intel Wireless 7265 Family (Rev.C), Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Intel Wireless 7260 Family adapters. Please refer to the following link for latest available drivers here, and read on.

Intel says your adapter is no longer supported etc etc.

I changed mine to AC9260 a while ago using latest Intel drivers.

Mack023
Level 9

I have solved my issue by tweaking power saving mode.