cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Suggestion for Hard Disk replacement for G752vy

VEshka
Level 7
Hi to everyone, this is my first post on this forum so I apologize if I am inadvertently breaking some rules.
My G752vy Sata just abandoned me yesterday and actually I was looking for a good replacement, I have read other posts regarding the same argument on the forum, but dated two years ago, in this post a 2tb Firecuda is suggested but actually I don't know if there is something better out there, I also wanted to place an ssd on the m.2 slot for booting. My budget is not high and I wanted to remain on the 300/200 €.
Thank you for your time and stay safe!

PS.
I was also looking for a replacement of the letter "A" of my keyboard, my model is german, and is mounting s173 keys models, actually I've met no few difficulties in looking for the right item. Thank you again !
1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
As to M.2 NVME SSD you have 2 slots you can put any m.2 NVME SSD in there.
I only use Samsung SSD, others may or may not work I don't get involved with other brands
To replace keys Laptop Key Replacement | Keyboard Keys | Keypad Keys (replacementlaptopkeys.com)
Not sure if that does you any good In Germany or not its all I got.
1.Moving to M.2 from SATA Hard Drive its best if you can clone you HD to the new SSD.
2. Hopefully you have a full Image back up of your Hard drive is so you can just restore your image to you new hard drive.
3. Clean Install You'll have two options Set your BIOS SATA setting to AHCI and clean install normaly, they other option is to leave your BIOS Set RAID, in this case you will have to download The IRST driver from the Intel website Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver
This is the driver that you need flpy-x64.zip
Start your Windows 10 install when you get to the part where it asks you to select your Volume to install too. there will be a link click that and browse to where you have that RST drive That should be in a folder that created on your Install USB just for this purpose so that you don't have to search very hard. Once you select it, it will install and your New SSD will be visible to select as a volume to install too.
Hopefully you have saved a copy of your eSupport folder as you can install all your Asus driver from that folder.
Thats all I got for you. Further reference Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation) (asus.com)
one other very important thing Have Media Creation Tool creat your Install media, When you boot it up spam the Exc key, then select "UEFI USB" to boot from
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro