cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 installer is "installing Matrix"?

Hawkhack
Level 8
I recently installed AI Suite 3 for my Z370-F board and the installer for this thing is not mildly confusing. For starters it states that "this will close AI Suite 3" when all I want to do is install it. There is nothing to close if it's not installed to begin with.

Then it gives you all these options to install things like "EZ Update" and "Dual Intelligent Processors 5". All I want to do is install AI Suite 3, but that's not an option. What does that even mean, "dual intelligent processors"? I only have one processor. What makes it intelligent? And why is the number 5? That doesn't match the version number as it's 3.00.51.

Lastly, it begins by "installing Matrix"... which was not even on the list of things to install... ???
6 REPLIES 6

katlani
Level 9
The Matrix is actually the framework to update which version you have, against what is available, this will most probably be registered somewhere.
It is also a pre-requisite for checking what do you want to install (Matrix or Matrices is a fancy word for a multi-dimensional table).

It is basically also the software graphical layout that holds all of the install-able services.

The DIP you are referring to is the core service for AI Suite III, as it handles the monitoring and control of your hardware.
The other are complimentary/supporting services that are accessible within the software matrix.

katlani wrote:
The Matrix is actually the framework to update which version you have, against what is available, this will most probably be registered somewhere.
It is also a pre-requisite for checking what do you want to install (Matrix or Matrices is a fancy word for a multi-dimensional table).

It is basically also the software graphical layout that holds all of the install-able services.

The DIP you are referring to is the core service for AI Suite III, as it handles the monitoring and control of your hardware.
The other are complimentary/supporting services that are accessible within the software matrix.

By framework you mean software framework?... do you have a link for it? I never heard of it. It's the framework to update what?... the version of AI Suite 3? It can't be registered, anywhere, since it's the first time ever I'm installing it. Unless it's some kind of Microsoft tool I never heard of that comes pre-installed with Windows 10.

You mean without this Matrix thing I can't check off items from the menu that I want to install? That's odd... considering that "installing Matrix" only appears after I have already checked the items I want to install.

So basically... The Matrix... is everything?

• It's a framework.
  • It's a fancy word for a multi-dimensional table (including two-dimensional tables?).
  • It's a prerequisite for checking off what to install.
  • It's a container for complimentary/supporting services (EZ Update and DIP).

Why do I get the feeling that "AI Suite 3" is just yet another example of bloatware?... it's probably because it is.

I'm sorry, but this thing is unintuitive from the moment you start the installation guide. For starters, there is no explanation of what each of the selectable components are (EZ update for example). It's also slow like a turtle, showing me flashy animations as I switch between different sections of the software to occupy my mind while it works in the background, like playing a rattle toy for a baby.

This whole software package is just trying too hard to be a spaceship. Supposedly a "gaming" tool... There are only a few merits to it, and that's being able to get some kind of reading, like CPU temps, fan RPM and so on. But there are much more simple and cleaner tools that do this job much better.

"Things that are complex are not useful. Things that are useful are simple."
~ Mikhail Kalashnikov

Uninstalled and rebooted... that did not stop it from leaving garbage behind on my system disk.

pharma
Level 9

katlani
Level 9
Well, you dont have to install it, and yes, for removing it completely, you can use the cleaner post uninstallation (it should remove any leftovers and possibly services that weren't toally removed).

I have never uninstalled it myself, rather only upgraded its components within the matrix itself, and at least it provides me with this option, opposed to other ASUS software like GPU TweakII/ASUS AURA that requires you to do a cleanup process before updating to a new version.

ASUS is pretty lacking in the software department in general, its no secret, though for ASUS AI Suite III at least, its devided into components and most of the time its updatable without any cleanup process.