cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000: All of my devices (Wifi & Eithernet) keep getting disconnected

inboxapp
Level 7
Hello,

I'm at a loss atm. Every so often I will find myself losing all internet and access to the router itself for 10-30 seconds at a time. There's often times where things run smoothly, but then once this loss of access starts to occur, it'll continue to occur every 10-15 mins for HOURS.

I've done factory resets and probably submitted about 10 "Feedback's" with no response. My router version is sitting on the latest 3.0.0.4.384_9566.

Wifi(5 Gz) devices : 3x Phones & 2x Laptops
Ethernet: Agg Linked NAS & 2.5Ghz to my Main system.

Every single device get's disconnected at the same exact time. Leaving everyone completely unable to access the router as stated above.
3 REPLIES 3

dhunter
Level 7
Hmmmm, I would be interested in what you find out about this issue. I had a similar issue when I first got my Rapture GT-AX11000 back in November, but chalked it up to running WiFi6 and most of our "smart" devices not being compatible (they are AC or N, not AX). Even though WiFi6 is supposed to be. I have since disabled all WiFi6 on the router, and I don't think we have had any issues since. At least not that I am aware of.

Have you talked to support yet?

dhunter wrote:
Hmmmm, I would be interested in what you find out about this issue. I had a similar issue when I first got my Rapture GT-AX11000 back in November, but chalked it up to running WiFi6 and most of our "smart" devices not being compatible (they are AC or N, not AX). Even though WiFi6 is supposed to be. I have since disabled all WiFi6 on the router, and I don't think we have had any issues since. At least not that I am aware of.

Have you talked to support yet?

Hi dhunter!

Just want to thank you for your post. I tried following your advise on disabling the WiFi6 on all channels 2.4GHz, 5GHz-1 & 5GHz-2 and now everything running smoothly without any WiFi connection drop for couple of days straight now. Thanks!

Saltgrass
Level 13
I haven't had such a problem on mine but I suppose a couple of things.

Have you checked any logs on the Router or started the logging process, if you can?

You are certain it is the Router and not its connection to the Internet? Does doing something like disconnecting the WAN connection from the cable Modem make any difference?

Anything in your environment that might be involved. Time of day or day of week, etc.? Any machinery starting up during those times?

It is strange for the Ethernet to also fail unless some type of internal failure or the Internet connection was failing. If you are using the 2.5 Gbps Ethernet, what type of Ethernet is it connecting to?

When you look at the available networks, are there any networks you don't recognize when this is happening?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200