cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the "default" rainbow setting?

CynosureEPR
Level 7
I have an ASUS Sync motherboard (x570-e). When turning it on, without ASUS software, there was a 'default' rainbow trailing effect of all the RGB.

After installing ASUS Amoury Crate, there is a "rainbow" effect, but it is different than the default one without the software.

There doesn't seem to be any way to apply that default rainbow effect and it looks way better than the one within the software.

How can I apply that effect back? Or is the only way to uninstall the software again (did they really not put their own effect into their effect software?!)?
2 REPLIES 2

AndrasROG
Level 10
Unsync all of your devices (you cant unsync motherboard but that's ok)

Then simply put it to sleep or shutdown and you should have your rainbow back.

One thing to note (at least in my case) is that you should turn off lightningservice.exe if you don't want to use software lightning -- if mine runs on software lightning then the default rainbox effect won't be present when resuming from sleep/shutdown...

^^^turn off lightningservice.exe (and its auto start) after you unsynced all devices...

AndrasROG wrote:
Unsync all of your devices (you cant unsync motherboard but that's ok)

Then simply put it to sleep or shutdown and you should have your rainbow back.

One thing to note (at least in my case) is that you should turn off lightningservice.exe if you don't want to use software lightning -- if mine runs on software lightning then the default rainbox effect won't be present when resuming from sleep/shutdown...

^^^turn off lightningservice.exe (and its auto start) after you unsynced all devices...

DUDE, thank you so much! I was also having the same issue as the OP and this totally fixed it. Cheers!
"Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today..."