Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: GPU Tweak III

New ROGer Array

Question

Is there any way to set a temperature target of lower than 75 degrees C in GPU TWEAK 3 ?

I have an Asus TUF FX516 laptop with and RTX3070. Tried many utilities as GPU TWEAK 3, MSI Afterburner and ZOTAC Firestorm, but failed to achieve that goal.
    Tried even nvidia-smi.exe, same result. Not interested in tweaking Vbios/flashing etc...
    Last edited by SandShriner99999; 08-23-2022 at 07:16 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SandShriner99999 View Post
    Is there any way to set a temperature target of lower than 75 degrees C in GPU TWEAK 3 ?

I have an Asus TUF FX516 laptop with and RTX3070. Tried many utilities as GPU TWEAK 3, MSI Afterburner and ZOTAC Firestorm, but failed to achieve that goal.
    Tried even nvidia-smi.exe, same result. Not interested in tweaking Vbios/flashing etc...
    I just opened GPU Tweak III latest version and can adjust the GPU Temp Target to 65 C (-19 On Slider)

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Pluck View Post
    I just opened GPU Tweak III latest version and can adjust the GPU Temp Target to 65 C (-19 On Slider)
    From my understanding, different GPUs have different temp target ranges in GPU TWEAK III, but I think that there must be a way to override those limits.
    Still searching for a solution.

ROG Member Array Stiel83 PC Specs
    Stiel83 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-11700K
    Memory (part number)Kingston FURY Renegade 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 CL16
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-RTX3080TI-O12G-GAMING
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
    Storage #2Seagate IronWolf Pro, 4 TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black
    CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow
    Power Supplybe quiet! Dark Power 12 850W
    Keyboard Logitech MK850 Performance
    Mouse Logitech MK850 Performance
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula V2
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Network RouterLynksys WRT3200ACM

Profiles strange behavior

So i started with 1.5.0.0 nothing strange. now i have 1.5..3.1, maybe i never tryed before, but when im running full hd 120 hz, when i switch to default or oc or silent profile, something happen, i get a message from gputweak like not supported action, and it bring my resolution to 60 hz. stll full hd 10 bit, just switch to 60 hz from 120 that i usually use. when im on my own created profile, doesnt happen. Anyone know what does it mean?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Immagine 2022-08-26 145955.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	94804

Also when i switch to my custom profile, it switch my resolution back to 120hz. i just don't understand why it should do that.
    Last edited by Stiel83; 08-26-2022 at 01:01 PM.

ROG Member Array Max2014 PC Specs
    Max2014 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage IV Extreme Black
    ProcessorIntel Core I7 4960X
    Memory (part number)Kingston Hyper X Predator 2400Mhz 4x4GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Nvidia GTX Titan
    Graphics Card #2Asus STRIX Nvidia GTX 980ti OC
    Graphics Card #3Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC
    CaseCooler Master HAF X
    OS Windows 10 LTSC

Quote Originally Posted by Stiel83 View Post
    So i started with 1.5.0.0 nothing strange. now i have 1.5..3.1, maybe i never tryed before, but when im running full hd 120 hz, when i switch to default or oc or silent profile, something happen, i get a message from gputweak like not supported action, and it bring my resolution to 60 hz. stll full hd 10 bit, just switch to 60 hz from 120 that i usually use. when im on my own created profile, doesnt happen. Anyone know what does it mean?Click image for larger version. 

Also when i switch to my custom profile, it switch my resolution back to 120hz. i just don't understand why it should do that.
    Have you set FPS Target limit?

ROG Member Array Stiel83 PC Specs
    Stiel83 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-11700K
    Memory (part number)Kingston FURY Renegade 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 CL16
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-RTX3080TI-O12G-GAMING
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
    Storage #2Seagate IronWolf Pro, 4 TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black
    CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow
    Power Supplybe quiet! Dark Power 12 850W
    Keyboard Logitech MK850 Performance
    Mouse Logitech MK850 Performance
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula V2
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Network RouterLynksys WRT3200ACM

Quote Originally Posted by Max2014 View Post
    Have you set FPS Target limit?
    Frame rate target you mean, yeah, but i tryed after without and was doing the same i think. you saying if i set the frame rate, it does that stuff?

ROG Member Array

Hi, iTunes cause the entire OS to freeze on Windows 11 when using GPU-Tweak-III, this issue is gone when I close GPU-Tweak-III via Task Manager. This does not occur with GPU-Tweak-II.

Any thoughts?

New ROGer Array eduardoabvii PC Specs
    eduardoabvii PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)no
    MotherboardTUF GAMING B450 Plus II
    ProcessorRYZEN 5 (5600)
    Memory (part number)8 + 8 = 16 GB
    Graphics Card #1Radeon Vega Series
    Graphics Card #2no
    Graphics Card #3no
    Graphics Card #4no
    Sound CardASUS
    MonitorHD 16:9
    Storage #1SSD 480 GB
    Storage #2SSD 240 GB
    CPU Coolerno
    CaseHAMMER
    Power SupplyASUS
    Keyboard Mars Gming
    Mouse Mars Gaming
    Headset ASUS
    Mouse Pad no
    Headset/Speakers asus
    OS Windows 11 x64
    Network RouterTP-LINK
    Accessory #1 Gamepad XBOX Series CABLE CONNECTION
    Accessory #2 RGB LED
    Accessory #3 no

GPU Tweak and Raid Expert utility crashed my Animated wallpaper configuration

Quote Originally Posted by pharma View Post
    Latest Release: 2021-01-18
    Known Issues:

The Nvidia GeForce Experience overlay and the GPU Tweak III OSD conflict with each other and can prevent games from running when both are enabled. It is recommended to only run either the GeForce Experience overlay or the GPU Tweak III OSD.

The CPU Usage field in the OSD may show incorrect values.

When multiple programs are in the same place, the layering of different GPU Tweak III windows (main screen, Monitor, Settings, and OC Scanner) may be inconsistent, so some elements may fall behind other programs while others are in front.

Frame Rate Limit requires any running games or programs to be restarted before taking effect. Currently this function only extends to 255 FPS.

OSD fonts in GPU Tweak III style only allow for Calibri and Calibri Bold adjustment. Full font adjustment will be added in a later release.

GPU-Z clock values do not update in real time. To update the clock values, close and reopen GPU-Z.

Mouse step size controls have not been implemented yet.

Not all hotkeys are completely implemented at the moment. Notably, the Timer is visible but not working.

Screenshots will always be saved to the default folder, not personally selected folders.

The Default display wallpaper is just a blank black background.

Wallpaper transparency has not been implemented yet.

Fahrenheit temperature settings only affect the Monitor, not the other parts of the interface.

Some interactions with the OSD may cause an error to appear referring to "mFinitialize Fail". This error does not affect operation.

Programs that have multiple different .exe files with the same names may not swap settings correctly and may use the wrong profiles. For now, set all related .exe files to the same settings for a smooth experience.

Game and application file names are not sorted properly in the Profile Connect window.

2021-01-18 Download and Bug reporting (url page bottom)
    https://www.asus.com/campaign/GPU-Tweak-III/

my Armoury Crate Software not work good on my computer... the problem appear back to install GPU Tweak and Raid Expert utility from ASUS... my system = Windows 11 with Tuf Gaming B450 PLUS II with 16 GB Ram
    I fixed it atm deactivating the startup process from GPU Tweak and Raid Expert... im thinking if maybe unninstall it.. cause i not use it a lot... and others softwares not worth good with this software running.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Stiel83 View Post

I too have this problem when setting the profile to OC or silent it causes my refresh rate to drop back down to 60hz this is on the XG27AQ monitor.

Anyone have a fix?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by iQyThradz3137i View Post
    I too have this problem when setting the profile to OC or silent it causes my refresh rate to drop back down to 60hz this is on the XG27AQ monitor.

Anyone have a fix?

Had the same behaviour with gpu tweak just after updating armoury crate. Same monitor too.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast