cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new pc shutting down by itself and freezes

PeymanRad
Level 7
Hello all the members of ROG community

rog strix z490-e gaming, rog strix 850w-g, i7 10700k, corsair vengeance lpx 3200MHz (2x8 G), SSD 850 EVO 120GB ,Sams 1Tung SSD M.2 970 EVO 1TB, WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0 2T , 970 G1 gaming gtx

It’s been about two months that I have bought my new computer. You can find all the specifics above.
Since then, I’ve been having different problems with my PC. At first it began with a BAOD with the code: “ memory management” .

I also got a lot of errors testing with any testing application available such as OCCT. Then I figured it was because of XMP2.
So I updated my bios and changed it XMP1 . I tested my memories again and they were working totally fine and also OCCT ran for more than 12 hours without any errors this time.

But before that, I had also other problems of freezing and the computer shutting down by itself as if I shut it down from the windows menu.
I am using stock setting for cup and just XMP1 on 2933MHz according to my cpu specifications.

I will provide a video and pictures of my tests and freezers below . ( pictures are sorted chronologically).
pictures after 'memtest pro', are from after I updated bios and put my memories on XMP1.

This has been bothering me for so long now.

I would appreciate if you could help me.

Yours kindly

Peyman Rad
2 REPLIES 2

Wangeyed
Level 9
a 10700k with a gtx 970? :rolleyes: anyway have you tried 1 stick of ram? have you tried reseating the ram? just take everything out and re seat it. if that fails try wiping windows and make sure you have correct drivers

Wangeyed wrote:
a 10700k with a gtx 970? :rolleyes: anyway have you tried 1 stick of ram? have you tried reseating the ram? just take everything out and re seat it. if that fails try wiping windows and make sure you have correct drivers

I am planning to buy a 3080 tuf.
I have done all u mentioned a few times.
nothing works actually . Did u watch my video? this freezing happened twice.
and random shut-downs . I have no errors in occt after 12 hours or even linpack xtreme bout 50 passes after I updated bios and put mem on xmp1.

I have no idea what the problem is. and it happens randomly . so it is really difficult to test all variables
any ideas?

could it be because of my case or mabe PSU?