cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Getting Raid 0 Setup with the Strix x570-i

ryo0hki
Level 7
I can create the array in the bios no problem, but the drivers I got from AMD (bottom,top,config) do not work.

With the Crosshair VII all i had to do was Create the array in the bios, make sure raid was turned on. and during windows install, use the bottom driver, top driver then config. Windows would see the array as one big drive. It dosn't seem to be working. I guess I'm just missing something. Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

DavyDee
Level 7
ryo0hki wrote:
I can create the array in the bios no problem, but the drivers I got from AMD (bottom,top,config) do not work.

With the Crosshair VII all i had to do was Create the array in the bios, make sure raid was turned on. and during windows install, use the bottom driver, top driver then config. Windows would see the array as one big drive. It dosn't seem to be working. I guess I'm just missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Had the same issue when I setup my rig last year (Crosshair VIII Impact)

I assume you did follow the right sequence of driver installs during Win10 setup?
1. AMD-RAID Bottom Device (rcbottom.inf)
2. AMD-RAID Controller (rcraid.inf)
3. AMD-RAID Config Device (rccfg.inf)

In my case, even though I did, the RAID0 array would not be detected. And what I realized after several attempts is that in AMD's driver package the same files are packed in different folders. For me the solution was to take the ones from folder "CC" whatever that means. Good luck!

DavyDee wrote:
Had the same issue when I setup my rig last year (Crosshair VIII Impact)

I assume you did follow the right sequence of driver installs during Win10 setup?
1. AMD-RAID Bottom Device (rcbottom.inf)
2. AMD-RAID Controller (rcraid.inf)
3. AMD-RAID Config Device (rccfg.inf)

In my case, even though I did, the RAID0 array would not be detected. And what I realized after several attempts is that in AMD's driver package the same files are packed in different folders. For me the solution was to take the ones from folder "CC" whatever that means. Good luck!

Did you use all "CC" drivers? Or mix and match? I'm having trouble getting mine to work on X570-I with dual 980 Pro NVMe.

cameron_ wrote:
Did you use all "CC" drivers? Or mix and match? I'm having trouble getting mine to work on X570-I with dual 980 Pro NVMe.

Sorry, I gave up for now. It wasn't really doing anything but mining on the floor anyway. just broke the raid and lived with a c and d drive. Spent a few days banging my head on that. Ill wait for new drivers or information. Do let me know if you figure it out.

STARRAIN_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi ryo0hki,

May I have the bios version, the raid driver versions you installed and the brand and model name of two hard drives for RAID 0?
Have you restored to bios all default settings and setup again?
Thank you.