cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate needs higher privilegs

fgro79
Level 7
Hello Guys,

this is a bit frustrating since i setup computers with different right shemas. Since day one in computer area its common use to split roles by user rights. Thats why all my users get regular "USER" rights nothing more. Now the issue with Armoury Crate is the missing "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" function within the APP. Armoury Crate moved to Windows 10 APPs which has no rhich ".exe" to start with.

I have tested this with an regular administrator account and Armoury Crate works flawlessly as well as other ASUS Suite Software like AI Suite 3. AI Suite 3 can be prompted by Admin Account which doesnt work at all with Windows 10 APP of Armoury Crate.

I dont know if this is the new "Design" and "RISK" Scenario to tell people using a Admin Account for the daily use. I wont reccomend this at all at any time.

So whats the proper solution? Currently i am logging into a local admin account and make my settings to the devices controllable through Armoury Crate. Then logging back into the regular user for using the desktop. This is not in any kind a tolerable solution. :mad:
4 REPLIES 4

Tarkus56
Level 7
I have this same issue. When logged into the admin account everything works as it should. When I log in as a regular user options are severly limited. The most bizzare thing is that the RYOU section will recognize a MSI video card and NOTHING made by ASUS.

Give us the option to "Run as Admin" so our settings work like they do when logged in as an admin.

Helpful hint. If you do add "Run as Admin" then REMOVE this access when the program is closed. Problem solved.

jaydude
Level 8
Yup, same problem. I already created a thread about this months ago: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124289

Unfortunately ASUS seems to not care about this problem at all since no response has been made. I guess after ASUS has successfully sold you their product the support ends there and you're on your own. At least that's how I feel as a paid customer. 😞 It's a shame that the product itself works great but the software is at some broken alpha build stage atm.

It installs but won't run.

Knight Trane wrote:
It installs but won't run.

It appear conflicting with 3rd party software.