cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G Skill RAM detected in Armoury Crate but not Aura Creator

vallain
Level 7
Armoury Crate is able to detect and control my G Skill RGB Ram but Aura Creator is not even able to detect it.
Otherwise Aura Creator works correctly on all devices except RAM.
Is there a way to force detection, or am I missing something to install?

Here are the service versions installed:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 3.3.7.0
ROG Live Service 1.1.16.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.32
Armoury Crate lite service 3.3.7
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.16
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.69.0
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.30
AacVGA 0.0.3.1
KingstonDram 1.0.15
AURA DRAM Component 1.0.30
ENE RGB HAL 1.00.10
ENE_AIC_Marvell_HAL 1.0.7.0
ENE_DRAM_RGB_AIO 1.0.0.10
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.6.0
ENE_EHD_SSS_HAL 1.0.2.0
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.04
Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.06

I can't understand how one software can detect it but a dependent software cannot.
15 REPLIES 15

borgwald
Level 7
Same problem here with newest version of Armoury Crate 3.3.7.0 and Aura Creator 2.1.8 .
G.Skill Trident Z Neo detected in Armoury Crate but not in Aura Creator. Very annoying!

As a little update: Armoury Crate doesn't detect my ram if G.Skills Lightning Software is NOT installed. After installation my Ram is detected in Armoury Crate. But as mentioned above not in Aura Creator. I have a Ryzen 5000 CPU and G.Skill updated their Software to work with Ryzen 5000. Maybe Asus did not?

Install -> Uninstall -> Reinstall , after some days the crap Armoury Crate and crap Aura Creator stops working again
In Armoury Crate my CH VIII Hero & Ram are visibile BUT i cant access the Mainboard on the Left Menu also no Devices in Aura Creator
Thats happen when u pay 400 Euro for a MB and the Software is still a alpha

Ok, so i have a little Update after weeks of trying and searching for reasons.

The reason why my Ram didn't get recognized was a messy installation of different ENE-RGB-HAL drivers or ENE drivers overall. As for some reason if you have installed either Armoury Crate, Asus Aura Creator, Asus Aura Sync and for example G.Skills Lightning Software, each of them installs some different ENE-RGB drivers. It seems that these drivers don't get properly deinstalled when deinstalling one of the above mentioned Software.

My steps to get things working: I deinstalled everything from Asus and from G.Skill. (Furthermore i deinstalled a small plugin for Razer Synapse called AuraConnect. Don't know if that was neccessary.)

Then I downloaded Revo Uninstaller Pro Demo-Version. Started Revo Uninstaller, clicked on "Force Uninstall". A new window opens where i searched for "ENE" in the search-box. I deinstalled everything with ENE in its name. E.g. ENE-RGB-HAL or ENE-DRAM-AURA42 etc. After deinstallation I rebooted my System.

Then i did a clean installation of Armoury Crate and Aura Creator. Started the Software, waited some minutes to let Armoury Crate do its self-update then openend Aura Creator and searched for updates. And for the first time, it showed an update for a module called "Memory". Installed it and since then both of my Ram-Modules are recognized by Armoury Crate AND Aura Creator.

Im just gonna be rude and be toxic cos Asus does't read their own feedback and this been going on long enough, time to fix your **** Asus your making me wanna kill my self.

Your rgb effects are old and boring, rainbow effect across ram sticks is vastly different per brand and very inconstinstent it either have effects invidually per ram stick having 1 go up 1 go down depending on dim layout or they all go one single direction being boring, or are perfectly setup out of box with each stick having its own color rainbow but then you click rainbow and boom you have them all synchronized the way you did not want them.

Don't you think the whole point of rgb software is configurability ? what can we configure ? led strip size ? you break this every now and then, each invidual strip ? lol they all combined into one strip want configure each invidually ? try run open rgb open source software with risk of breaking your x570 chipset cos the software is so reverse engineered due lack of blueprint that it turns of your chipset fan.

Aura creator never shown ram ever for a very long time not for corsair certainly does not work with g skill probably with nothing.

Wanna point out issues with the software that gets updated once a month and is broken more and more every month ? gets banned.
Armoury crate is awfull
It lacks configurability
It lacks customization per led or per strip everything is just one giant big strip exactly what we do not want, this is how you drive everyone to Corsair there software is a good example what you should expect.

Are we gonna keep ignoring or are we gonna finally adress the big elephant in the room now called awfull state of Asus software, dont just fire your dev team like everyone wants let them learn and let them work on stuff everyone wants, rather then repeatly breaking stuff and never adding the features everyone needs.
for **** sake this is pissing me off.

I found out whats going on, Asus is using terrible ene rgb drivers that are glitchy and potentially got patched cos there was detection issue on 5000 series systems, however as result its not detected anymore on 3000 series systems instead, while the rgb still works while being all glitchy at same time flashy colors on random stick, the trick is to figure out where to find the uninstaller which is nowhere to be found in add and remove, and then download the g skill trident z rgb software vision 1.00.18 if you have a 3000 series system or older and 1.00.22 if you have a 5000 series system

then go to the folder inside trident z rgb software folder you find aac setup file copy the file somewhere safe and install that while removing the old ene rgb hal it probably wont install cos newer vision is detected.

Anyway armoury crate is a mess get crap together already not mention it lacks customisation i cannot even adress each memory stick invidually something i could in corsair software, let alone each fan even tho i am on gen 2 argb header, and even if so i have 2 strips i still cannot control each strip by it self or the effect direction etc.
Having 4 memory sticks for example rainbow looks better if you have dim 1 go up dim 2 go down at and 3 go up and 4 go down again all at random speeds then all at fixed speeds while perfectly synhronized ofcourse this all comes to taste but like i said there zero configurability, this software makes me wanna kill my self, feedback is ignored, aid if you get angry you get banned zero tolerance without a warning, i don't care if this is again this case i use vpn and make as many accounts needed to get my point across, fix your software or face the consquences......

while with corsair ram sticks i had 1 stick go up 1 stick go down with g skill they all fixed going down, and in both cases i had no control over how rainbow effect is aplied but in corsair case dim layout actually gave some variation with g skill it does not, the whole point of argb is that you can adress it so far if not seen it being adressable at all per led or anything, its a piece of hot garbage that is useless.

Just to proof my point i uninstalled the ene rgb and installed an old vision and its showing up just fine
Asus you need to wake up already, and realize what you are doing is wrong.
Sure i have 4% cpu usage now but atleast my rgb is not flickering in random colors every few seconds now as a result of using a broken ene rgb driver.
a fully clean install would not fix this if done a full clean install many times sometimes it detects no ram sometimes it does and then glitches, this is unacceptable, im better off letting my ram run not synced atleast have more variation and no added cpu utilization as result, Asus you are a complete joke.

https://i.imgur.com/fkVV1hY.png

I have been ONE month and nothing at all, so I doubt very much that ASUS the creators of SOFWARE the two utilities (ROG Aura and Armoury Create) each one works in its own way without counting one with the other, I guess they should be COMPATIBLE, with everything that is installed on ASUS motherboards, in my case RAM HYPERX RGB Predator total ram installed 4 modules of 16 GB each, making 64 GB

Why ARMOURY CREATE detects the RAM, but ROG AURA does not? If with ARMOURY CREATE I can apply "AURA" and in ROG AURA "NO" I can apply effects to my TASTE to the RAM because it is not detected, being the TWO ASUS applications, shouldn't the TWO work EQUALLY?

As the ASTRONAUTS used to say in an APOLO ....... "ASUS YOU HAVE A PROBLEM...."

To expose problems HERE is PREDICATING IN A VACUUM.

Its funny that if i reinstall armoury crate with out of box g skill rgb drivers memory not show up in aura creator but my old profiles still adress my memory or can be used to control my memory inside aura creator, so it can work just fine but it does not, and then asus choose to ignore all issues, asus you should be ashamed of yourself.

I am facing the same issue myself after upgrading my peripherals to Asus ROG stuff, the new Armoury Crate and Aura Creator don't see my G.Skill RAM.
Ironically this specific RAM model was chosen because I wanted it to be RGB, it wasn't an offhand thing.

This forum has a tendency to contain threads that heavily criticize Asus without any reply from Asus. This is one of them.

We notice when you ignore the issue. Let me bring it back up, then. Is this being worked on? I tried the uninstall EME solution mentioned above - it did not work.

FlufflePuff1337 wrote:
Im just gonna be rude and be toxic cos Asus does't read their own feedback and this been going on long enough, time to fix your **** Asus your making me wanna kill my self.

Your rgb effects are old and boring, rainbow effect across ram sticks is vastly different per brand and very inconstinstent it either have effects invidually per ram stick having 1 go up 1 go down depending on dim layout or they all go one single direction being boring, or are perfectly setup out of box with each stick having its own color rainbow but then you click rainbow and boom you have them all synchronized the way you did not want them.

Don't you think the whole point of rgb software is configurability ? what can we configure ? led strip size ? you break this every now and then, each invidual strip ? lol they all combined into one strip want configure each invidually ? try run open rgb open source software with risk of breaking your x570 chipset cos the software is so reverse engineered due lack of blueprint that it turns of your chipset fan.

Aura creator never shown ram ever for a very long time not for corsair certainly does not work with g skill probably with nothing.

Wanna point out issues with the software that gets updated once a month and is broken more and more every month ? gets banned.
Armoury crate is awfull
It lacks configurability
It lacks customization per led or per strip everything is just one giant big strip exactly what we do not want, this is how you drive everyone to Corsair there software is a good example what you should expect.

Are we gonna keep ignoring or are we gonna finally adress the big elephant in the room now called awfull state of Asus software, dont just fire your dev team like everyone wants let them learn and let them work on stuff everyone wants, rather then repeatly breaking stuff and never adding the features everyone needs.
for **** sake this is pissing me off.

This! This is the goddam solution!
I have a x570 motherboard and a 3600 cpu.
The steps I followed are the following.
Uninstalled all of my ENE-HAL rgb drivers with the forced uninstallation of revo uninstaller (the Holy software) , as a result Armoury Crate no longer detected my ram modules.
Then I installed gskill software version 1.0.18 took from its installation folder the rgb driver installer then uninstalled gskill software.
Rebooted.
Installed the rgb driver that I took from gskill.
Rebooted.
Now Armoury Crate can see ram modules again but not aura creator (you silly little...)
I uninstalled aura creator.
Rebooted.
Installed aura creator again.
Et voilÃ*, software all working again and detecting my 4 ram modules.

Asus really needs to address this problem the goddamn solution is already out in the wild.