cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootable nvme m.2 Drive not working after moving it to another M.2 slot

finalsketch
Level 7
Hello I am new to these forums and have been lurking and using searches for my problem.
I recently tried migrating my bootable nvme m.2 drive to slot M.2_2 from M.2_1. As I moved it and turned on my pc, It no longer detected the my m.2 drive and after trying several trouble shooting and to no avail. So decided to move it back to its original slot (M.2_1) and immediately encountered the same issue of no detection. Can someone point me to the right direction into fixing this problem.

I have a z490e Gaming rog strix and the nvme drive is the Samsung Evo970 plus
1 REPLY 1

cl-Adrian
Level 8
finalsketch wrote:
Hello I am new to these forums and have been lurking and using searches for my problem.
I recently tried moving my bootable nvme m.2 drive to slot M.2_2 from M.2_1. As I moved it and turned on my pc, It no longer detected the my m.2 drive and after trying several trouble shooting and to no avail. So decided to move it back to its original slot (M.2_1) and immediately encountered the same issue of no detection. Can someone point me to the right direction into fixing this problem.

I have a z490e Gaming rog strix and the nvme drive is the Samsung Evo970 plus

My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. Please try clearing your CMOS. When migrating your driver was your system completely powered off? By any chance are you using any other storage devices?

If the issue persists please email me at cl-adrian@asus.com