cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displayport not working with ASUS VG249Q Monitor

BurnStrike
Level 7
Hi there,
I recently made a new Desktop PC and bought ASUS VG249Q Monitor.
The Monitor came with an HDMI cable which is working fine (144hz are working fine etc.)
But I saw on the internet that Monitor supports G-SYNC (even if has Freesync) but only if is connected with an Displayport cable.
So I bought a good quality Displayport Cable from Hama 1.2.
When I plugged in and started the PC I've seen only ASUS logo from the Motherboard and after that Black Screen and error from Monitor "Displayport no signal"
I saw that it booted into windows but no display.
I tried some tricks from the internet like unplugging the Displayport and plugging back...unplugging PSU etc. nothing worked.
After a while i tried to uninstall nvidia drivers while the displayport is plugged in and see if it is from that (i did this by unplugging HDMI cable after pressing of the uninstall button) and i've seen that displayport was working with nvidia drivers uninstalled.
Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?
Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

KMagic
Level 9
You said it worked on displayport with driver uninstalled, so we know possible driver issue. I would do the following:

Put HDMI connection on. Boot into safe mode. Run DDU to completely remove all traces of display driver. Once that is done shut down pc. Swap to Display port - do not leave HDMI Plugged into video card at all. Display port should work as you boot into windows. Once in windows install new fresh gpu driver. Hopefully it works.

KMagic wrote:
You said it worked on displayport with driver uninstalled, so we know possible driver issue. I would do the following:

Put HDMI connection on. Boot into safe mode. Run DDU to completely remove all traces of display driver. Once that is done shut down pc. Swap to Display port - do not leave HDMI Plugged into video card at all. Display port should work as you boot into windows. Once in windows install new fresh gpu driver. Hopefully it works.

I tried exactly as you said but once the driver is installed I get "Displayport no signal"

BurnStrike wrote:
I tried exactly as you said but once the driver is installed I get "Displayport no signal"

Have you tried running both hdmi and displayport cable to the monitor at the same time? Can you try to see what resolution and refresh rate it is trying to send over the display port? Do you have a 2nd cable to try? Sounds odd...On its face, it would suggest the cable is the problem. I run all my monitors with display port. Never had an issue across multiple different monitors and video cards.

is the monitor set to max refresh rate and etc in its settings? The only time you should get no signal is if the cable is bad, or if the signal being sent to the minitor is out of bounds - like trying to display a resolution that isnt compatiable, or trying to display a refresh rate that is too high. Go into minitor settings on the actual monitor, look for refresh rate when its on display port, make sure its all set up to match your settings on HDMI. Try disabling gsync/freesync. If all fails Id try a new cable.

KMagic wrote:
Have you tried running both hdmi and displayport cable to the monitor at the same time? Can you try to see what resolution and refresh rate it is trying to send over the display port? Do you have a 2nd cable to try? Sounds odd...On its face, it would suggest the cable is the problem. I run all my monitors with display port. Never had an issue across multiple different monitors and video cards.

is the monitor set to max refresh rate and etc in its settings? The only time you should get no signal is if the cable is bad, or if the signal being sent to the minitor is out of bounds - like trying to display a resolution that isnt compatiable, or trying to display a refresh rate that is too high. Go into minitor settings on the actual monitor, look for refresh rate when its on display port, make sure its all set up to match your settings on HDMI. Try disabling gsync/freesync. If all fails Id try a new cable.

Seems like it was from the displayport cable.I've bought new one and works perfectly fine.Thank you