Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    62

    Strix 3090 OC - Micro stutter in all benchmarks and all games and benchmarks !! - I'm

    Hi everyone
    i have big problems with my new strix 3090 oc.
    My configuration is:
    I9 10900K set in stock
    Maximus XII Extreme
    Custom Loop EK cpu only
    32 Gb Ram Gskill Trident Z
    ROG Strix 3090 OC
    Case Obsidian 1000D
    ROG Swift 25 "240hz Gsync monitor

    since I mounted the new card I always have micro stuttering in everything:
    Benchmark (superposition / Firestrike / Heaven .... etc)
    All games (RDR2, AC Origins, Farcry5)
    The only game in which it is less frequent is DOOM Eternal.

    They are annoying micro stutters that prevent me from playing on a 2000 Euro card!
    When this happens the use of the GPU goes from 95% to 70% and then goes up again (see the attached photo).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stuttering.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	377.5 KB 
ID:	87632

    I tried to:
    Clean formatting of windows 10 without any kind of monitoring software
    Detached all HUBs and RGB Supports
    Tried several types of nvidia drivers.
    Enabled / Disabled Gsync
    Changed Display Port Cable

    The card appears to run smoothly in both stock and oc with excellent benchmark scores.
    No errors or crashes or reboots.
    I don't know what to do anymore ... I'm desperate ... such a powerful and expensive card but you can't play !!

    GPU temperatures are normal (max 68 degrees) and CPU temperatures are also normal (max 62 degrees)

    Could you please help me?
    thanks a lot

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    42

    Often times, issues of stuttering is caused my memory instability. Is your system RAM overclocked? Have you verified it is stable? That is the first thing I would look into. Another thing I would do is to run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to completely uninstall all traces of graphics driver on your system, and then install fresh new drivers. This should always be done when you upgrade form one video card to a new one. Thats the two things I would look into first. Make sure you are working form a fresh, clean driver install before doing anything else. I am running the same card as you - strix oc 3090. I haven oticed some stuttering in AC Origins benchmark, but that is the only place I've seen it. I had some really long like 1-2 second hangs in that benchmark at random times that I was never able to pin point. That is the ONLY benchmark or game I've seen it in however. I didnt spend a whole lot of time trying to figure it out given it was the only place Ive seen that behaviour, and ive run hours and hours of stress tests and benchmarks and put a multitude of games through the card in testing and haven't had any issues elsewhere.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array Momo_dk PC Specs
    Momo_dk PC Specs
    MotherboardRog Strix B550-F (Wifi)
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN 7 5800x
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog Strix LC RX6800 XT OC
    Power SupplyNXZT c850
    OS Windows 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    I concur with Kmagic on the Memory. When I had the Strix 3090 before it died, it would ever so stutter in games. What fixed it was enabling DOCP for my Trident Zs. Your memory may be running at 2133 mhz and not their fully rated speed with XMP enabled.

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    62

    Quote Originally Posted by Momo_dk View Post
    I concur with Kmagic on the Memory. When I had the Strix 3090 before it died, it would ever so stutter in games. What fixed it was enabling DOCP for my Trident Zs. Your memory may be running at 2133 mhz and not their fully rated speed with XMP enabled.
    Hello! In fact I have not enabled any kind of XMP in my bios at all, leaving my gskill trident z rgb completely in stock! Oh my god! Do you believe that the problem of my microstuttering on superposition / firestrike and in all games? in my bios I XMP Profile 1 and Profile 2 ... which is better? my cpu is 10900k all in stock.

  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    62

    Quote Originally Posted by KMagic View Post
    Often times, issues of stuttering is caused my memory instability. Is your system RAM overclocked? Have you verified it is stable? That is the first thing I would look into. Another thing I would do is to run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to completely uninstall all traces of graphics driver on your system, and then install fresh new drivers. This should always be done when you upgrade form one video card to a new one. Thats the two things I would look into first. Make sure you are working form a fresh, clean driver install before doing anything else. I am running the same card as you - strix oc 3090. I haven oticed some stuttering in AC Origins benchmark, but that is the only place I've seen it. I had some really long like 1-2 second hangs in that benchmark at random times that I was never able to pin point. That is the ONLY benchmark or game I've seen it in however. I didnt spend a whole lot of time trying to figure it out given it was the only place Ive seen that behaviour, and ive run hours and hours of stress tests and benchmarks and put a multitude of games through the card in testing and haven't had any issues elsewhere.
    Hello! In fact I have not enabled any kind of XMP in my bios at all, leaving my gskill trident z rgb completely in stock! Oh my god! Do you believe that the problem of my microstuttering on superposition / firestrike and in all games? in my bios I XMP Profile 1 and Profile 2 ... which is better? my cpu is 10900k all in stock.

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array Kiriakos-GR PC Specs
    Kiriakos-GR PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS P5QC P45 - 1333MHz
    ProcessorINTEL Q6600
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL-F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT 2x4GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS DUAL GTX1660S O6G MINI
    Sound CardCreaive XFi Music
    MonitorDELL U2311H
    Storage #1WD Raptor 75GB 10000 rpm RAID1
    Storage #2WDC_WD1600JS-00MHB1
    CPU CoolerProlimatech Armageddon - Taiwan
    CaseFull tower - HEC - Taiwan
    Power SupplyHIPER HPU-4M780-PE 780W
    Keyboard Microsoft Digital Media 3000
    Mouse Logitech MX510
    Headset/Speakers 2x YAMAHA YST-20 & YAMAHA SUB Woofer
    OS WIN 7 Pro 64 bit RETAIL
    Network RouterASUS GX1105B
    Accessory #1 GELID 12 TC 120mm
    Accessory #2 GELID 12 PWM 140mm

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    52

    Instead crying out loud ...... visit a local computers service PROFESSIONAL .. your PC this is miss-configured .

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    62

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriakos-GR View Post
    Instead crying out loud ...... visit a local computers service PROFESSIONAL .. your PC this is miss-configured .
    i am not shouting and i just asked for help as this is a forum meant for that. So if you can't help me move over instead of writing idiot messages. You are such a phenomenon!

  8. #8
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    62

    Quote Originally Posted by Momo_dk View Post
    I concur with Kmagic on the Memory. When I had the Strix 3090 before it died, it would ever so stutter in games. What fixed it was enabling DOCP for my Trident Zs. Your memory may be running at 2133 mhz and not their fully rated speed with XMP enabled.
    I understand and thank you for your help! But why did your card dead? what problems did it give you?

  9. #9
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    62

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo_ View Post
    remove any USB devices, and any additional hardware - minimum setup

    use a different mouse to test, or reduce mouse polling rate to medium/ low for testing

    set up your Advanced System Settings - Virtual memory to be 64000- 128000 for MIN and MAx size on your fastest drive, not managed by system, and reboot.

    Probably not the mouse

    Also try to download and install the lastest ME from asus - run the ME update tool,
    Heres the link
    https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro...helpdesk_bios/
    In the windows update - there is a drop down "OPTIONAL UPDATES"

    under here there are some system updates you could try too
    try them one at a time, check for fix, reboot
    good! cmq I have already tried to disconnect all the rgb and non-essential hardware by doing a clean installation of windows but nothing changes ... I still have to try to put XMP because at the moment the ram are at 2133mhz and as they told me the pixel microstuttering problem could be that the problem ?! cmq update you and thank you very much!

  10. #10
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    148
    Posts
    2,038

    Hello,

    Run a DPC latency tester such as latency mon and see if anything is flagged.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •