cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 3090 OC - Micro stutter in all benchmarks and all games and benchmarks !! - I'm

theotorm
Level 9
Hi everyone
i have big problems with my new strix 3090 oc.
My configuration is:
I9 10900K set in stock
Maximus XII Extreme
Custom Loop EK cpu only
32 Gb Ram Gskill Trident Z
ROG Strix 3090 OC
Case Obsidian 1000D
ROG Swift 25 "240hz Gsync monitor

since I mounted the new card I always have micro stuttering in everything:
Benchmark (superposition / Firestrike / Heaven .... etc)
All games (RDR2, AC Origins, Farcry5)
The only game in which it is less frequent is DOOM Eternal.

They are annoying micro stutters that prevent me from playing on a 2000 Euro card!
When this happens the use of the GPU goes from 95% to 70% and then goes up again (see the attached photo).

I tried to:
Clean formatting of windows 10 without any kind of monitoring software
Detached all HUBs and RGB Supports
Tried several types of nvidia drivers.
Enabled / Disabled Gsync
Changed Display Port Cable

The card appears to run smoothly in both stock and oc with excellent benchmark scores.
No errors or crashes or reboots.
I don't know what to do anymore ... I'm desperate ... such a powerful and expensive card but you can't play !!

GPU temperatures are normal (max 68 degrees) and CPU temperatures are also normal (max 62 degrees)

Could you please help me?
thanks a lot
16 REPLIES 16

KMagic
Level 9
Often times, issues of stuttering is caused my memory instability. Is your system RAM overclocked? Have you verified it is stable? That is the first thing I would look into. Another thing I would do is to run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to completely uninstall all traces of graphics driver on your system, and then install fresh new drivers. This should always be done when you upgrade form one video card to a new one. Thats the two things I would look into first. Make sure you are working form a fresh, clean driver install before doing anything else. I am running the same card as you - strix oc 3090. I haven oticed some stuttering in AC Origins benchmark, but that is the only place I've seen it. I had some really long like 1-2 second hangs in that benchmark at random times that I was never able to pin point. That is the ONLY benchmark or game I've seen it in however. I didnt spend a whole lot of time trying to figure it out given it was the only place Ive seen that behaviour, and ive run hours and hours of stress tests and benchmarks and put a multitude of games through the card in testing and haven't had any issues elsewhere.

I concur with Kmagic on the Memory. When I had the Strix 3090 before it died, it would ever so stutter in games. What fixed it was enabling DOCP for my Trident Zs. Your memory may be running at 2133 mhz and not their fully rated speed with XMP enabled.

Momo_dk wrote:
I concur with Kmagic on the Memory. When I had the Strix 3090 before it died, it would ever so stutter in games. What fixed it was enabling DOCP for my Trident Zs. Your memory may be running at 2133 mhz and not their fully rated speed with XMP enabled.

Hello! In fact I have not enabled any kind of XMP in my bios at all, leaving my gskill trident z rgb completely in stock! Oh my god! Do you believe that the problem of my microstuttering on superposition / firestrike and in all games? in my bios I XMP Profile 1 and Profile 2 ... which is better? my cpu is 10900k all in stock.

Momo_dk wrote:

I understand and thank you for your help! But why did your card dead? what problems did it give you?

KMagic wrote:
Often times, issues of stuttering is caused my memory instability. Is your system RAM overclocked? Have you verified it is stable? That is the first thing I would look into. Another thing I would do is to run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to completely uninstall all traces of graphics driver on your system, and then install fresh new drivers. This should always be done when you upgrade form one video card to a new one. Thats the two things I would look into first. Make sure you are working form a fresh, clean driver install before doing anything else. I am running the same card as you - strix oc 3090. I haven oticed some stuttering in AC Origins benchmark, but that is the only place I've seen it. I had some really long like 1-2 second hangs in that benchmark at random times that I was never able to pin point. That is the ONLY benchmark or game I've seen it in however. I didnt spend a whole lot of time trying to figure it out given it was the only place Ive seen that behaviour, and ive run hours and hours of stress tests and benchmarks and put a multitude of games through the card in testing and haven't had any issues elsewhere.

Hello! In fact I have not enabled any kind of XMP in my bios at all, leaving my gskill trident z rgb completely in stock! Oh my god! Do you believe that the problem of my microstuttering on superposition / firestrike and in all games? in my bios I XMP Profile 1 and Profile 2 ... which is better? my cpu is 10900k all in stock.

Instead crying out loud ...... visit a local computers service PROFESSIONAL .. your PC this is miss-configured .

Kiriakos-GR wrote:
Instead crying out loud ...... visit a local computers service PROFESSIONAL .. your PC this is miss-configured .

i am not shouting and i just asked for help as this is a forum meant for that. So if you can't help me move over instead of writing idiot messages. You are such a phenomenon!

did you get the system fixed,
did you manage to get the xmp on, change the virtual memory, update stuff?

remove any USB devices, and any additional hardware - minimum setup

use a different mouse to test, or reduce mouse polling rate to medium/ low for testing

set up your Advanced System Settings - Virtual memory to be 64000- 128000 for MIN and MAx size on your fastest drive, not managed by system, and reboot.

Probably not the mouse

Also try to download and install the lastest ME from asus - run the ME update tool,
Heres the link
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xii-extreme-model/helpdesk_bios/
In the windows update - there is a drop down "OPTIONAL UPDATES"

under here there are some system updates you could try too
try them one at a time, check for fix, reboot