cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest drivers for Crosshair VI Extreme?

Riekopo
Level 9
I have the ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard. I am resetting my PC soon with an upgrade to CPU and cooler and NVME. I would like to get the latest audio driver for my system. The one listed on the motherboard support page is Version 6.0.1.8746 from 2019/12/03. So over a year old. Is there a newer one available?

I have been using Google to investigate Realtek audio drivers and it's very confusing. I went to the Realtek website but it's a very bad website and I don't understand it. Realtek does a really bad job at providing support for their audio components it seems to me.

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-vi-extreme-model/helpdesk_download/

I would like to get the latest drivers for all my motherboard components. But I don't know where to look. Many of the drivers listed on the motherboard support page are old.

I know to go to the AMD website for Chipset and GPU drivers. But I don't know where to go to get the rest of the drivers.
7 REPLIES 7

MoKiChU
Level 40
Riekopo wrote:
I have the ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard. I am resetting my PC soon with an upgrade to CPU and cooler and NVME. I would like to get the latest audio driver for my system. The one listed on the motherboard support page is Version 6.0.1.8746 from 2019/12/03. So over a year old. Is there a newer one available?

I have been using Google to investigate Realtek audio drivers and it's very confusing. I went to the Realtek website but it's a very bad website and I don't understand it. Realtek does a really bad job at providing support for their audio components it seems to me.

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-vi-extreme-model/helpdesk_download/

I would like to get the latest drivers for all my motherboard components. But I don't know where to look. Many of the drivers listed on the motherboard support page are old.

I know to go to the AMD website for Chipset and GPU drivers. But I don't know where to go to get the rest of the drivers.

Hi,

You need these drivers for your ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard :

[DRIVERS] AMD Chipset/SATA (3xx/4xx/5xx/TRX40)

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I21x-AT (1.0GbE)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Realtek WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Realtek Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You need these drivers for your ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard :

[DRIVERS] AMD Chipset/SATA (3xx/4xx/5xx/TRX40)

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I21x-AT (1.0GbE)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Realtek WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Realtek Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Installed the Realtek Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers listed and now my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't work. So it seems they were the wrong ones.

Riekopo
Level 9
The latest AMD Chipset driver on the AMD website for my board is 2.10.13.408. So I don't know what file you are trying to get me to download. It looks wrong. I don't need a RAID driver as far as I know since I'm not doing RAID.

There are 4 Intel LAN drivers on the page you linked to. Which do I need and how do I tell? The Intel website seems to list Release 25.6 as the latest for Windows 10 64 bit. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/36773/Ethernet-Products

How do you know my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is Realtek? I don't see that information anywhere. The motherboard support page just says "Asus Wi-Fi Driver" and "Asus Bluetooth Driver". There are two Realtek Wi-Fi drivers on the page you listed. Which do I need?

"You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :" My motherboard is a ROG Crosshair VI Extreme (X370). Don't know what ROG SS3 is. What exactly is "UAD"? The normal audio driver is called "HDA" isn't it? I don't want any random 3rd party crap.

Your list does not include any USB Drivers which I assume I need.

Where exactly are you getting these files from? I don't trust random files on a forum. I would like to get the latest drivers from the official manufacturer websites I think. If I install the drivers you have provided, is Windows Update going to download its own drivers and screw everything up? How do I keep these drivers up to date if they're not posted here?

"Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process." I have no idea what that means.

Riekopo wrote:
I don't trust random files on a forum.

Then you are in the wrong place! These files aren't random, and Mokichu is the most reliable driver compiler in the ASUS world. Please do a bit of forum reading before posting passive aggressive comments.

Bushmaster78FS wrote:
Then you are in the wrong place! These files aren't random, and Mokichu is the most reliable driver compiler in the ASUS world. Please do a bit of forum reading before posting passive aggressive comments.

If they're not random then where are they from? Very simple question. There's nothing passive aggressive about asking simple questions. Though it seems you are triggered by it.

Riekopo wrote:
If they're not random then where are they from? Very simple question. There's nothing passive aggressive about asking simple questions. Though it seems you are triggered by it.

Look dude, I am not interested in your witless projections. You asked for help and someone who is very highly regarded in this community, who has been acknowledged by ASUS themselves, who provides countless of hours of work compiling driver packages for ASUS users responded to you and you scolded him because you can't bother to use the search function. How about you take a hike and download whatever obsolete driver that is on the ASUS support page? That would probably save us your further rudeness...

Riekopo
Level 9
Yeah the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on my board is handled by an Intel AC8265 chip not a Realtek chip. Intel AC 8265.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/11652/asus-republic-of-gamers-introduces-crosshair-vi-extreme-motherb...

I assume I don't need to download the RAID driver from this post if I'm not going to use RAID.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118343-DRIVERS-AMD-Chipset-SATA-(3xx-4xx-5xx-TRX40)

What about USB drivers? The motherboard support page has a USB driver section.