ROG Guru: White Belt Array rhozac's Avatar

R4E. 2nd vttcpu 0 volt warnings.

Yeah as title says, every once and a while, at-least perhaps 10 times per day asus suite warns me about 2nd vttcpu beeing at 0 volts. Im beginning to think that its not just a bug in the software but actually happening. So is my PSU faulty here or what is most likely the case?. Its a few years old thermaltake toughpower 1200w. Is there any direct link to 2nd vttcpu that i could investigate?. thanks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    R4E, 3960x@stock, 16gb gskill 1600mhz cl9, cooler master cosmos 2, intel 520 60gb ssd, h100.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have the exact same problem. Using Corsair AX1200. I tried setting the voltage manually but that didn't help at all. Anyone else having this issue?
    Intel 3930K @ 4.2ghz C1 @ Offset (- something) @1.3V
    ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (BIOS-4901-BOLTS4BREKFAST Mod)
    ASUS GTX 1070 8GB Dual OC
    Swiftech H220-X Liquid
    16 gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133mhz cas 9 @ 1.5V
    Corsair Carbide Air 540
    Corsair AX 860i PSU
    Corsair K70 LUX RGB Keyboard
    Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
    Samsung 830 256GB SSD
    Intel 320 SSD
    Creative Sound Blaster ZxR
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (Latest)

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhozac View Post
    Yeah as title says, every once and a while, at-least perhaps 10 times per day asus suite warns me about 2nd vttcpu beeing at 0 volts. Im beginning to think that its not just a bug in the software but actually happening. So is my PSU faulty here or what is most likely the case?. Its a few years old thermaltake toughpower 1200w. Is there any direct link to 2nd vttcpu that i could investigate?. thanks.

This is probably down to more than one monitoring tool being used. The voltage is not really at 0V, if it were the system would shut-down/crash instantly (that rail needs to be at spec for the board to even POST). CPU-Z, AIDA, Core Temp, HWinfo etc, etc, all these tools poll the SuperIO chip, and this causes misreads. You might be able to configure AI Suite to ignore that rail in the monitoring options.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array rhozac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    This is probably down to more than one monitoring tool being used. The voltage is not really at 0V, if it were the system would shut-down/crash instantly (that rail needs to be at spec for the board to even POST). CPU-Z, AIDA, Core Temp, HWinfo etc, etc, all these tools poll the SuperIO chip, and this causes misreads. You might be able to configure AI Suite to ignore that rail in the monitoring options.
    Yeah im running aida64 with the asus suite thats probably the case, well thanks now i don't have to worry about that =)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    R4E, 3960x@stock, 16gb gskill 1600mhz cl9, cooler master cosmos 2, intel 520 60gb ssd, h100.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Me2. Aida64 is always on. Thanks for the response It's been bugging me for months
    Intel 3930K @ 4.2ghz C1 @ Offset (- something) @1.3V
    ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (BIOS-4901-BOLTS4BREKFAST Mod)
    ASUS GTX 1070 8GB Dual OC
    Swiftech H220-X Liquid
    16 gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133mhz cas 9 @ 1.5V
    Corsair Carbide Air 540
    Corsair AX 860i PSU
    Corsair K70 LUX RGB Keyboard
    Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
    Samsung 830 256GB SSD
    Intel 320 SSD
    Creative Sound Blaster ZxR
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (Latest)