cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG-Strix X570-e insane temps

richie021501
Level 7
Hi all - so I am using HWinfo to measure temps. 2 of the motherboard temps (recognized as #2 and #5) are insanely high. On idle they are between 90C-95C and sometimes hit 100C. I've included a link below which show the temps.

https://ibb.co/ZTPmxfT

The odd thing is that the temps actually go down when under a heavier load. For instance, when I am gaming the temps go down to 75C-85C and sometimes even lower. It seems like the heavier the load, the lower the temps go. I've found other threads on this forum regarding this same issue with this same motherboard. Some of the posts on these threads indicate that these may be faulty readings. Has this ever been confirmed? Seeing a temp of 100C is very concerning for me. If these are simply false readings, I can live with that but I just want to be sure.

Any advice or guidance you can give here is appreciated. If it matters, I am using a Ryzen 9 5900X processor.
5 REPLIES 5

michael7892
Level 7
What case are you using. Air cooled or aio. Chassis fans etc. What is your CPU temp? Have you altered the fan curve. It's probably cooler under stress because your fans are kicking in. If you alter the fan curve you probably be able to get more even cooling.

michael7892 wrote:
What case are you using. Air cooled or aio. Chassis fans etc. What is your CPU temp? Have you altered the fan curve. It's probably cooler under stress because your fans are kicking in. If you alter the fan curve you probably be able to get more even cooling.

Thanks for the reply. My case is a Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2. I am using a DEEPCOOL Assassin III air cooler. I haven't altered the fan curve for my CPU, just my GPU. My other temps, including my CPU, seem normal. My CPU is 30C-40C on idle and usually doesn't go much above 80C under load (and when it does go above 80C, it's usually only briefly.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
I'm not sure what those temp nodes are affiliated with, so it might be worth asking the developers of Hwinfo over on their forums, as it's likely erroneous if all of the UEFI temperature readings are in check.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

dave798
Level 9
it is well commented on the internet that sensors 2 and 5 in HWINFO report dodgy temperatures, I wouldn't worry about it as mine have reported stupidly high temps for years on this and other motherboards

Thank you all for the replies, I appreciate your reassurance.