Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Even after rolling back i am having issues. internet works but now i cant get to the config page

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by z3razerviper View Post
    Even after rolling back i am having issues. internet works but now i cant get to the config page
    Hello.
    Roll back to the previous version by setting everything up again and the problems are resolved.
    - 80MB / s LAN speed
    - WAN network works at maximum speed and not only 75% of power
    - only dropbox does not sync data but this problem appeared before the update
    - all clients connect seamlessly and there is no delay

I still advise against installing the new version - you don't want problems, don't install.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by muzykcb View Post
    Hello.
    Roll back to the previous version by setting everything up again and the problems are resolved.
    - 80MB / s LAN speed
    - WAN network works at maximum speed and not only 75% of power
    - only dropbox does not sync data but this problem appeared before the update
    - all clients connect seamlessly and there is no delay

I still advise against installing the new version - you don't want problems, don't install.
    Completely agree. In my excitement to get guest networks on AiMesh, I installed as soon as I saw it. My guess is a new version will be released soon, although I'm not gung ho to install it. I'll wait at least two weeks.

ROG Member Array

For me everything is not back to normal after the rollback. If i try to enter too many Manual IP Assignments on the Lan's dhcp page at once the system will now crash and I am unable to EVER get back into the configuration website until i do a factory reset on the router which loses all my settings. The same thing happens if I try to enable Enable Web Access from WAN in the administration/system area. Before the update this was not an issue.

ROG Member Array

Update everything is going fine now but I had to Firmware Restoration using the Firmware Restoration Utility to do the rollback. The standard web app was not doing something correctly.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Question.
    Does ASUS test the software before release?
    Does ASUS have testers or just learning programmers?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by muzykcb View Post
    Question.
    Does ASUS test the software before release?
    Does ASUS have testers or just learning programmers?
    The way that it works fine for some and is a total fail for others makes me wonder if there are multiple versions of this router out there.
    Last edited by JAMESBHARRIS; 01-31-2021 at 01:15 AM.

ROG Member Array

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by z3razerviper View Post
    mine keeps rebooting after this update I will be rolling back as soon as I can. I did a factory reset then reuploaded the config file.
    Hi there

Any news on how your system is performing after performing the factory reset then restoration of Config file?
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing as after the new update mine keeps disconnecting my shield and other household devices the same as it did for firmware - Version 3.0.0.4.384.82037 2020/08/03, had to rollback to firmware - Version 3.0.0.4.384.81974 2020/07/13 as that's stable for me... I really like this new firmware because of the lets encrypt bug they have finally fixed!!!

UPDATE:
    Now discovered another bug where I can't reset my admin password back to my specified one prior to the reset! it's still the default Admin / Admin....
    Last edited by OmniiOMEGA; 02-01-2021 at 09:59 AM. Reason: discovered another bug in latest FM??

ROG Member Array

ok that was weird...had to change my password to something else and then back to the original, now works...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmniiOMEGA View Post
    ok that was weird...had to change my password to something else and then back to the original, now works...
    That was really weird. But as long it solved, all smile.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast