Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GT-AC 5300 new firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793

ahfoo
Level 13
ROG GT-AC 5300 new firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793

Download here

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AC5300/FW_GT_AC5300_300438641793.zip

Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793
2021/01/26 65.08 MBytes
ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.41793
1. AiMesh 2.0
- System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology
- System Ethernet backhaul mode, all nodes will only connect by ethernet, and all bands can release for wireless clients.
- System factory default and reboot.
- Client device reconnect, make the device offline and online again.
- Client device binding to specific AP.
- Guest WiFi on all Mesh nodes (all node need to upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386 firmware)
- Access nodes USB application.

Connection priority and Ethernet backhaul mode introduction
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044184

How to setup ASUS AiMesh or ZenWiFi Mesh Ethernet backhaul under different conditions
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044151/

2. New Family interface in ASUS router App.
ASUS Router App for iOS must greater than iOS v1.0.0.5.75
Android version greater than v1.0.0.5.74

3. The unit of the WiFi time scheduler goes to 1 minute.

4. Support IPSec IKE v1 and IKE v2, and you can use the Windows 10 native VPN client program to connect to the router's IPSec VPN server. The Windows 10 new FAQ is in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033576

5. 2.4 and 5G settings on the network map could modify in the same tab.

6. Captcha for login can be disabled in the administration -> system.

7. Printer server port can be disabled on the USB app page.

8. Clients who connect to the guest network can be viewed in the network map -->view list --> interface

9. Fixed Let's Encrypt issue.

10. Added IPTV supports for a specific region.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: ee65d41542ebce9947a261ef4405d812
54 REPLIES 54

JAMESBHARRIS
Level 7
After installing this update, the admin pages of the router are presented very slow if at all both on the computer & from the android app. I'm almost afraid to reset the router because if after doing so, if I still can't access the admin, then I have a REAL problem. Anyone else have this issue?

JAMESBHARRIS wrote:
After installing this update, the admin pages of the router are presented very slow if at all both on the computer & from the android app. I'm almost afraid to reset the router because if after doing so, if I still can't access the admin, then I have a REAL problem. Anyone else have this issue?

Did you reset the router after the upgrade of firmware? I do encounter once like you. But since then I always reset my router after upgrade of firmware.

ahfoo wrote:
Did you reset the router after the upgrade of firmware? I do encounter once like you. But since then I always reset my router after upgrade of firmware.

I thought about it but then I thought if I reset it to default and then can't get it....well, then I'm really in trouble so I'm hesitating with a reset.

Interestingly enough, if you turn on the router and wait about 10 minutes, it seems like it responds much faster.

So, at this point, provided everything keeps working, I'm probably going to leave well enough alone. It is just more odd than anything else

JAMESBHARRIS wrote:
I thought about it but then I thought if I reset it to default and then can't get it....well, then I'm really in trouble so I'm hesitating with a reset.

Interestingly enough, if you turn on the router and wait about 10 minutes, it seems like it responds much faster.

So, at this point, provided everything keeps working, I'm probably going to leave well enough alone. It is just more odd than anything else

SO meaning you chosen to perform dirty upload of firmware. It meant without hard reset router afterward. I still suggest as this point to perform a a reset. An event will eventually what the next action need to follow up.

Hi.
I have installed new software. I have restored the factory settings.
Problem:
Copying from a disk connected to the router on 5GHz and channel 100, maximum 32MB / s, in the previous software version it was 80MB / s

muzykcb wrote:
Hi.
I have installed new software. I have restored the factory settings.
Problem:
Copying from a disk connected to the router on 5GHz and channel 100, maximum 32MB / s, in the previous software version it was 80MB / s

did you disable the smart connect? I not, try it and reboot your router.

ahfoo wrote:
did you disable the smart connect? I not, try it and reboot your router.

Yes, smart connect is turned off.
Built-in speed test does not work

I have the impression that the internet is much slower and the devices are waiting for their turn.

Tomorrow I am going back to the previous version

muzykcb wrote:
I have the impression that the internet is much slower and the devices are waiting for their turn.

Tomorrow I am going back to the previous version

My suggestion to stay as it is to this new version. I got this GT-5300 as main router for quite a while and now mainly become my mesh node after I bought AX110000. Let the GT5300 run for another couple of days.