cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting random reboots/Event 41's with 3202...

78Staff
Level 7
Not sure what the answer is... GSkill 3600 C16 4x16, running DCOP, otherwise pretty much auto everything, DF Cstates Disabled. Voltage adjustments needed maybe? Doesn't happen often, but when it does it seem to always be the wrong time. Twice in past 2 weeks or so.

Not running a 5000 series cpu yet, still on a 3900X, but planning to upgrade once availability clears up so have been running the newer bios. Is the answer just to go back to 2206? Or 1302?

First time was while suspended/afterhours, recent time I was actually on the PC, and noticed my USB mouse/keyboard stopped working, and a few seconds later the PC rebooted. I want to say I recall something about USB and PCIE 4 issues maybe? I am running PCIE4 Video card and two PCIE4 NV Me's. Or could have been coincidence.
13 REPLIES 13

mdzcpa
Level 12
Someone posted on the AMD user forums that increasing RAM voltage helped with random reboots with 3000 series CPUs on the new BIOS. He bumped from 1.35 to 1.4v. Worth a shot.

mdzcpa wrote:
Someone posted on the AMD user forums that increasing RAM voltage helped with random reboots with 3000 series CPUs on the new BIOS. He bumped from 1.35 to 1.4v. Worth a shot.

I'm running at 3600 (128GB) and using a 3900X. Lowering the SOC voltage is a better first try and poss safer. 1.06250 stopped any failed starts or reboots. Not seen it now in about 200 boots. A definite fix here, give it a try.

Edit - seen it at about 220 boots! Eurgh!

I played with voltages a bit, also tried 3204... seems like reboots got worse and fans ran louder too for some reason too. Lots more WHEA's also. I suspect it's just a 4 dimm deal still. I've reverted back to 1302 and have been solid for 24+ hours... will keep testing.

I may just move back to my RipJaw single ranks 3200 C14's, they are rock solid with every bios I've tried. Just tried to get on that 3600 bandwagon but TBH for my uses I don't think the 3600 makes any real world difference (no gaming, mostly content/lightroom/etc).

If I ever score at 5900/5950 I'll revisit any maybe switch to some 2x32's.

mdzcpa wrote:

Is this safe. Is this different to the SOC voltage? F4-3600C18Q-128GTZR is my ram and it says 1.35 V?

primeshooter wrote:
Is this safe. Is this different to the SOC voltage? F4-3600C18Q-128GTZR is my ram and it says 1.35 V?

You can play with values up until around 1.5v. Beyond this is poor tuning and unsuitable for daily use.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello, 4 DIMMs should not be an issue. If the instability is due to overclocking the infinity fabric clock, you'd need to dial that out. I'm running a 5950X with 4x8GB @ 3733 CL14.

You can try adjusting VSOC both lower and higher. As these are signal rails less voltage can be just as beneficial as more, so test methodically. 0.900 - 1.15v.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
Hello, 4 DIMMs should not be an issue. If the instability is due to overclocking the infinity fabric clock, you'd need to dial that out. I'm running a 5950X with 4x8GB @ 3733 CL14.

You can try adjusting VSOC both lower and higher. As these are signal rails less voltage can be just as beneficial as more, so test methodically. 0.900 - 1.15v.

No infinity fabric overclock, just strait up DCOP. My 4x8's run fine also, but they are single rank, while the 4x16's are dual rank. I've put the RipJaws 4x8 SR's back in and have been running latest bios at DCOP settings with no issue so far since yesterday. TBH, I don't noticed a downgrade in performance (other than less total memory of course) for my uses swapping from 3600 C16's down to 3200 C14's, in real world use at least. I'm going to stick with these, and if I ever get ahold of a 59xx I will revisit memory again.

78Staff wrote:
No infinity fabric overclock, just strait up DCOP. My 4x8's run fine also, but they are single rank, while the 4x16's are dual rank. I've put the RipJaws 4x8 SR's back in and have been running latest bios at DCOP settings with no issue so far since yesterday. TBH, I don't noticed a downgrade in performance (other than less total memory of course) for my uses swapping from 3600 C16's down to 3200 C14's, in real world use at least. I'm going to stick with these, and if I ever get ahold of a 59xx I will revisit memory again.

If you want to do one more try:
- Use BIOS 3204, flash it with the BIOS Flashback as BIOS 3202 clearly states "This Beta BIOS can only be reversed by BIOS Flashback.".
- After that, please try to disable "PSS support" in Advanced > CPU configuration. Let me know if the spontaneous reboots stopped.

Kelutrel wrote:
If you want to do one more try:
- Use BIOS 3204, flash it with the BIOS Flashback as BIOS 3202 clearly states "This Beta BIOS can only be reversed by BIOS Flashback.".
- After that, please try to disable "PSS support" in Advanced > CPU configuration. Let me know if the spontaneous reboots stopped.

Thanks but I returned the memory and and sticking with my 3200 C14's for now...