cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1080TI STRIX RMA Nightmare

Tigerfibel1944
Level 7
I had to RMA my original 1080TI STRIX on December 20 2020 as it had begun crashing my system under any kind of stress and paid the 80 dollar shipping fee to send it FedEx as requested with 2 inches of padding around the product as instructed by the RMA handling page. I received my “tested” replacement on the 8th of January and upon installation into my system and under stress it would immediately lose video feed, and eventually crash my system. After self diagnosing my other components using Mem 86, Intel processor diagnostic tool etc, I was fairly certain it was the new card and dropped it off at my local PC store after the Christmas holidays to be professionally diagnosed for $50. The store confirmed that the card in any other PC would crash, and any other card installed in my PC my system ran correctly.

To note when I receive my RMA replacement video card it arrives in a box that in only large enough to provide 1/2 inch padding around the card, As a client it is stated you must send your card to ASUS with a minimum of 2 inches of padding and this is a basis for rejection of your RMA, yet when being sent back a defective replacement there is no concern that it reach you with adequate protection. To quote the typo ridden RMA instruction page "You will be responsiblefor products or parts that are lost or damaged as a result of failure to followthem. If you do not follow ASUS?? shipping and packing instruction, it is deemedCID (customer induced damage) and ASUS has the right not to provide ASUSwarranty service"

I contacted the support chat again on the 22nd of January to inform them the replacement was also faulty and I would like either a credit or a new in box replacement as I had now been 2 months without a card and the promise of a “tested” replacement had been broken I requested to have my case elevated, in the mean time the agent stated he would create a shipping label. The agent informed me that he was having difficulty creating the shipping label but stated one would be sent to me within an hour. He also stated a supervisor would be contacting me that day, this did not occur.

ASUS support call 9 am Jan 25th 2021,

After verifying my SN, and explaining the above to agent I asked agent to speak to a supervisor or have my case elevated after being placed on a 10 minute hold I was told “All supervisor are busy sir” I also requested the shipping label I still required to return the faulty replacement card. Agent stated a shipping label would be created when I left the call, this did not occur.

ASUS support call 11 am Jan 25th 2021,

After verifying my SN, and explaining the above to agent I asked agent to speak to a supervisor or have my case elevated after being placed on a 15 minute hold I was told “All supervisor are busy sir” I also requested the shipping label I still required to return the faulty replacement card. Agent stated a shipping label would be created when I left the call, this did not occur.
Phone call 3 pm Jan 25th 2021 Agent had verified my information but was disconnected from the Philippines call centre, he did not attempt to call me back despite the phone number having been verified in the event of a disconnect

ASUS support call ~4 PM Jan 25th 2021,

After verifying my SN, and explaining the above to agent I asked agent to speak to a supervisor or have my case elevated I also requested the shipping label I still required to return the faulty replacement card. After being placed on hold for 10 minutes Agent Created an incorrect Shipping label showing the Shipment would depart from the RMA centre to my address when the issue was sending my faulty replacement card back. After another 10 minute hold the agent created the correct shipping label. At this time I Requested a supervisor or to have my case elevate again, after a 5 minute hold Agent came back on to line once again ask what my issue had been despite our conversation to this point and the note on my case number from the original chat and phone calls. I explained again that my replacement card was sent to me defective, and tested at my local retailer (Memory Express for $50) to confirm it is just the video card that is faulty. Having spent 80 dollars to ship my first RMA and now an additional 50 to ensure the replacement card was indeed defective I was asking for either a credit towards a new card or an equivalent new card. Call was 48 minutes by this point and i was placed on another 10 minute hold while the agent said “Please let me check my resources”. When he returns to the line the agent mentions he will escalate my call to customer support and puts me on hold for 10 minutes. The agent concluded my call by saying that a superior/customer service rep who would escalate my case would phone me back on the same day (stated hours on the ASUS support page are 9-5 pm, the call concluded just before 5pm. I received a call back at 7PM outside of the 9am-5pm window stated available for chat service and my phone was in silent by this time and I missed the call. Agent also left me an email stating I could phone in the morning.

ASUS support call 10:28 AM Jan 26 2021,

After verifying my SN, and explaining the above to agent I asked agent to speak to a supervisor or have my case elevated mentioning I had now been contacted by a level 2 service representative. After yet again having to explain everything mentioned in the text thus far again the agent mentions that the options are as follows,

RMA the faulty replacement card and get a “tested” replacement in return

Get an “Advance” RMA where they send one of these “tested” replacements and put a hold on your credit card until the faulty one has been received at the RMA centre

Get a new inbox replacement of equal or better capability

I state to the agent given he time frame of the issue, it precluding me from personal use of my computer for going on 2 months and I would like to get the third option. I am told to “temper my expectations”, that this option although stated as available can be declined. Having gotten a temporary answer for my issue the call is concluded.

I must express my confusion that even in a station such as mine that a new in box replacement of equal or better capability could be declined as I would hope for a company playing a hold line audio loop that includes "best in class warranties to offer you peace of mind" would understand that in an occasion where that process has failed it would be a fair occasion to both elevate and satisfy the client. I find it a disrespect that I was sent a faulty product back under a warranty program, I have dealt with other manufacturers RMA process and in the event on no stock of that video card was provided a credit, or new box replacement. I have built several PC's utilizing ASUS components and I will consider avoiding it in the future after this experience.
1 REPLY 1

cljustin
Level 8
Hi TigerFibel,

I am sorry to hear about your RMA horror story. I would like to have this situation resolved ASAP. Please contact me at cl-justin@asus.com at your earliest convenience with your RMA # and information such as:

Serial number:
Full Name:
Contact #:
Shipping Address:
Email: