cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3301 BIOS on PRIME X299-DELUXE - major system instability

iransofaraway
Level 7
Hello,

This morning I upgraded to latest 3301 BIOS on my PRIME x299-Deluxe board. Did the method with the USB stick, wiped BIOS settings, etc - and then started to notice system instability. My graphics (RTX 3080) were flickering (the screen would blank randomly) - and then eventually just clicking the start menu rebooted my whole computer.

Has anyone else experienced wonkiness with this version? I downgraded to 3105 for now - which I think is fairly stable, if my research is right.
2 REPLIES 2

Sirleeofroy
Level 7
iransofaraway wrote:
Hello,

This morning I upgraded to latest 3301 BIOS on my PRIME x299-Deluxe board. Did the method with the USB stick, wiped BIOS settings, etc - and then started to notice system instability. My graphics (RTX 3080) were flickering (the screen would blank randomly) - and then eventually just clicking the start menu rebooted my whole computer.

Has anyone else experienced wonkiness with this version? I downgraded to 3105 for now - which I think is fairly stable, if my research is right.

I run the X299 Prime Deluxe ii with a 9800X and with the new bios at stock settings it was fine but my previously time tested oc settings were not stable at all, I really had to go to town to stabilise a lower oc than what I had previously run prior to the new bios.

I've not experienced the issues you have but the new bios is not as stable as previous versions with regards to overclocking.

Tims007
Level 7
I have no problems with 2202 und 3301 Bios. All other Bios'ses between had problems with cold boot (memory detect error).
My system 10920x, 4x8GB HyperX 4266, RTX3080 Frostbite