cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 Fan Xpert 4 not detecting fans correctly

s8nbunny
Level 8
x570 E on latest bios
Fan's connected are Arctic P14 PWM 14cm 140mm Pressure Optimised 4pin x 2, one on back exhaust and one top/back above it.
Arctic Cool 2 280 AIO on the front

The software seems to be so random in picking up the fan correctly.
Earlier it was showing 4 fans detected and now it is only showing the CPU.

Previously I was able to see the to and back fans and change them with the profiles etc but now they show as unknown with no data.

If I click on the unknown and then click the fan icon which normally turns everything else down and speeds that fan up so you can tell which one it is, it's not working anymore. It only seems to work for the AIO connected to the motherboard.

My first build and my first time using ASUS and it seems they just have a lot of bloatware software then barely functions.

Anyone any idea's on what I can do outside of what I have done, uninstall etc etc

Thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9

pharma
Level 9
You need to identify whether it's pwm or dc in the bios Monitor section first, then AISuite will info when set up Fan Xpert and do fan tuning.
No issues here using Fan Xpert on AISuite 3, DIP version 2.00.55. Just be aware of the other Monitor settings you have in the bios.

pharma wrote:
You need to identify whether it's pwm or dc in the bios Monitor section first, then AISuite will info when set up Fan Xpert and do fan tuning.
No issues here using Fan Xpert on AISuite 3, DIP version 2.00.55. Just be aware of the other Monitor settings you have in the bios.

Fan's are set to PWN. They have been from the start and I've not made any changes to them. The issue was they were being picked up and able to be controlled but now they are not.

Went back into Bios and selected load optimised defaults. Trying to run the tuner in fan expert now.
Hopefully it will show them and not just N/A

Getting no where

Just to confirm Artic Cooler 2 is connected to the CPU_Fan/Opt connection on the motherboard.
The PWM fan hub that came with the fractal case is connected to the CPU fan header just above the CPU_Fan/Opt
The two artic pwm fans are connected fan headers 1 & 2 on the hub.

If there is a BIOS setting that needs to be changed im lost on what it could be

---

I left it alone and came back to it shortly ago. Uninstalled the suite and ran a reg clean etc
Installed it and it seems to be showing more fans this time

Ran the fan tuner still didn't seem to effect them. Left it alone and watched a movie. Came back and it's back to only showing the one fan on the fan status page like the earlier image!

mboogie
Level 9
Just wondering if you managed to get this working? I have the same issue. Why on earth doesn't the utility include a simple check on any differences between the number of fans when last ran and current? - that way, at the very least the software can inform(/ask) the user / troubleshoot.

Update, it lets you manage the speed to temp ratio, but does not display RPM.

antho438
Level 7
I am also having this problem, mainly with my PWM header. BIOS detects the fans fine! Did anyone manage to solve this?

RealmHoppA
Level 7

it seems most Case splitters after a certain version don't function correctly with Ai suit 3,plug fans directly in to mobo an don't use case splitter may also solve AI Suite Fan Detection Issue.

Ultima_Gaina
Level 7

I tried all the advices I could find. The only thing that made AI Suite 3 detect my M2 fan again was  CMOS reset after de-installing the app, then re-installing it with fresh settings.

I was able to run again the optimiser, including the Fan Expert, and all my fans remained detected. My M2 NVMe is now 15F cooler, while the whole system is silent again.

arran14
Level 7

If you managed to get one fan to read properly, and are using all the same fans/same voltages and max rpm etc. then the quickest way is to go into - program data>Asus>dip5>fanxpert - open the file called FanCalibrationData (after changing Permissions to allow all) in Notepad, copy the text from the working fan say Fan 1, to all other fans you have connected. After reopening AI Suite all those fans will be working the same as the First.