New ROGer Array

ROG Pugio Aura Sync Freeze and left and right mouse buttons stick in game

Greetings,

I have had this issue for quite some time now. I have tried updating everything through armoury crate multiple times. Multiple updates have happened since I have purchased this mouse and it hasn't fixed the issue. The mouse is great except for 2 things. 1st, the aura sync works for a while on it and then it freezes after an unknown time period. It could be 5 minutes, it could take 2 or 3 hours but it eventually happens for some reason. It gets stuck on a certain color, whether it be on rainbow, or smart mode, music, or any other mode. I have multiple ROG aura sync peripherals, and only my ROG Pugio Mouse (not Pugio II) has this problem. When this happens, I am not able to to connect to the mouse and change anything through armoury crate either. The only things that fix the issue temporarily are restarting the computer or unplugging the usb from the mouse and plugging it back in. The only thing I can think of at this point is a hardware issue. Does anyone else have this problem still? I have found old threads on this but nobody has a solution.

The other issue is when I am gaming on COD Warzone or Black Ops Cold War (only 2 games I've been playing lately), when I fire and let go of the mouse button, my weapon keeps shooting. This happens with the left and right mouse buttons. I tried lowering the button response, I went to 20ms and it still seems to have the issue every once in a while.

Please HELP! Thank you.

New ROGer Array

It may actually be fixed now!

Quote Originally Posted by JukeBoxHero View Post
    Greetings,

I have had this issue for quite some time now. I have tried updating everything through armoury crate multiple times. Multiple updates have happened since I have purchased this mouse and it hasn't fixed the issue. The mouse is great except for 2 things. 1st, the aura sync works for a while on it and then it freezes after an unknown time period. It could be 5 minutes, it could take 2 or 3 hours but it eventually happens for some reason. It gets stuck on a certain color, whether it be on rainbow, or smart mode, music, or any other mode. I have multiple ROG aura sync peripherals, and only my ROG Pugio Mouse (not Pugio II) has this problem. When this happens, I am not able to to connect to the mouse and change anything through armoury crate either. The only things that fix the issue temporarily are restarting the computer or unplugging the usb from the mouse and plugging it back in. The only thing I can think of at this point is a hardware issue. Does anyone else have this problem still? I have found old threads on this but nobody has a solution.

The other issue is when I am gaming on COD Warzone or Black Ops Cold War (only 2 games I've been playing lately), when I fire and let go of the mouse button, my weapon keeps shooting. This happens with the left and right mouse buttons. I tried lowering the button response, I went to 20ms and it still seems to have the issue every once in a while.

Please HELP! Thank you.
    There was a recent driver update to Armoury Crate, and so far, with Aura Sync on smart mode, I haven't had my mouse get stuck on one color. I also havent had the buttons stick in FPS games. Awesome good job!! and Thank you!

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

That's great to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by JukeBoxHero View Post
    There was a recent driver update to Armoury Crate, and so far, with Aura Sync on smart mode, I haven't had my mouse get stuck on one color. I also havent had the buttons stick in FPS games. Awesome good job!! and Thank you!

ROG Member Array

I found the same problem with rog pugio II

My Notebook = asus rog zephyrus duo 15 se 3080 GX551QS

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS build 19042.870

Armoury Crate UWP App 3.3.7.0
    ROG Live Service 1.1.16.0
    AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.32
    Armoury Crate service 3.3.7
    ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.7.1
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.41
    ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.35
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.45
    AacAudioHal 1.3.20.0
    AacDispaly 1.1.29

ROG PUGIO II Firmware
    Device version: 12.71.28
    Dongle version: 1.00.27

New ROGer Array marell PC Specs
    marell PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3900x
    Memory (part number)32gb DDR4 3600mhz cl16 gskill trident z neo
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X
    MonitorSamsung Odyssey G7
    Storage #11TB NVME pcie 4.0 sabrent rocket
    Storage #2500GB NVME pcie 3.0 sabrent rocket
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG Ryujin 360
    CaseCoolermaster H500P Mesh ARGB
    Power SupplyAsus ROG Thor 850W
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse Asus ROG Pugio 2
    Headset Asus ROG Strix GO 2.4
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Bose companion 2.0
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Rog Pugio 2 Aura Sync bug

Since the last update, whenever the rog pugio 2 goes in standby (i've set it to go in standby after 3 minutes of inactivity), all the rgb in my pc controlled by aura sync freeze and restart themselves automatically. I've just formatted the pc, updated windows, armoury crate and all other drivers, but the problem persists. I hope for a quick fix, is very frustrating.

New ROGer Array

Hi all,

I have had similar 'strange' issues also with my Pugio II together with my Zephyrus Duo 15 SE GX551QS RTX3080. I find if I enable Aura Sync for both my system & the Pugio II shortly afterwards whatever lighting effect I have selected 'freezes'.

Armoury Crate also becomes sluggish when trying to access the Auro Sync menus....it goes further....the mouse battery monitoring also becomes completely unpredictable/unreliable. This is made worse by the fact if I lug my mouse into my system via the supplied cable the Armoury Crate application hangs on loading when trying to access the Pugio II's menus.

I purposefully purchased the Pugio II to match my system & the fact that Armoury Crate would manage both, hopefully someone from Asus is watching this forum?

My SW versions are:

Armoury Crate UWP App 4.0.8.0
    ROG Live Service 1.2.5.0
    AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.35
    Armoury Crate service 4.0.12
    ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.4.7.1
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.41
    ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.35
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.45
    AacAudioHal 1.3.20.0
    AacDispaly 1.1.29

ROG PUGIO II Firmware
    Device version: 12.71.28
    Dongle version: 1.00.27

By the way....LOVE my laptop, absolutely awesome!