Did you mean: 

BIOS 3204 for Crosshair VIII Hero

ationfictons
Level 10
"Version 3204
2021/01/29 20.41 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO BIOS 3204
1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.0

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C8H.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

Anyone know if this latest BIOS Asus posted at:

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards...helpdesk_bios/

Is Beta or Final (I've been bitten by un-labeled Beta BIOSes before)? Any experiences with it?
42 REPLIES 42

Kelutrel
Level 11
It is out for the C8F too : https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-formula-model/helpdesk_bios/
On the Asus website it looks like it is Final.
I am flashing it now...

[UPDATE]
I flashed BIOS 3204 on my C8F+5900X using the BIOS FlashBack tool. It rebooted and updated the LED firmware. Then I manually retyped all my previous BIOS settings and rebooted, could not see any new setting.
All good, I ran some benchmarks and got no differences compared to my previous BIOS 3202.

Kelutrel wrote:
It is out for the C8F too : https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-formula-model/helpdesk_bios/
On the Asus website it looks like it is Final.
I am flashing it now...

[UPDATE]
I flashed BIOS 3204 on my C8F+5900X using the BIOS FlashBack tool. It rebooted and updated the LED firmware. Then I manually retyped all my previous BIOS settings and rebooted, could not see any new setting.
All good, I ran some benchmarks and got no differences compared to my previous BIOS 3202.

Same experience on my side. Went directly to EZFlash to flash, PC rebooted upon completion and then began updating the LED firmware. All my settings were reset and had to manually re-enter them in.

The 3202 -> 3204 update must be very minor. I don't remember a LED firmware update firing off when going from 3102 to 3202. That might be the only change plus getting rid of the BETA nomenclature.

dzo888 wrote:
Same experience on my side. Went directly to EZFlash to flash, PC rebooted upon completion and then began updating the LED firmware. All my settings were reset and had to manually re-enter them in.

The 3202 -> 3204 update must be very minor. I don't remember a LED firmware update firing off when going from 3102 to 3202. That might be the only change plus getting rid of the BETA nomenclature.

Might just be they figured out the right VRMs and could take Agesa 1.2.0.0 out of Beta. Is the CPU idle temps off the chart or more regulated now? I'm still waiting for the 1801 to go out of Beta for B550-F. I just want my CPU to not idle at 60'c anymore and then drop to 55'c under load :eek:

Is this BIOS stable? I remember I upgraded to 2402 or something and nearly all my USB devices stopped working :/.

Momo_dk wrote:
Might just be they figured out the right VRMs and could take Agesa 1.2.0.0 out of Beta. Is the CPU idle temps off the chart or more regulated now?

I'm interested in that too and hoping somebody will post up some info about VRM temps on the new BIOS soon.

--edit--
Wow, just seen how out of date the rig listing in my sig is. lol
MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula BIOS Version: 0705
CPU: AMD 1100T Black Edition
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 2x4 GB (1600 MHz 8,8,8,24 1.5v)
PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200 watt
GPU: 2 x GTX 580
HDD: 3 x OCZ Onyx 2 240GB in RAID 0
ODD: LG BD-R/DVD-RW
CPU Cooler: Coolit ECO ALC

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Been running this bios for a few hours gaming and such. It's fantastic. No WHEA errors like the beta gave me.

5950X
Dark Hero
G.Skill 3600 mem
3090 FTW3 Ultra

Sprayingmango wrote:
Been running this bios for a few hours gaming and such. It's fantastic. No WHEA errors like the beta gave me.

Same here, no issues for me either, had a few gaming sessions, ran a few benchmarks, did some stability testing, low load level and full load.... all great so far and no WHEA errors at all. With auto vcore the temps seem much better as well

Hi, i haven't updated my bios since 1302, yeah, sometime ago right. I just don't want to have any issues with my PC.
I have 4x8gb ram also. I think i've heard people having issues with some bios due to having 4 stick ram.
So my question.. do you think I can consider updating my bios at last? do i even need to? Do you think it's safe for me to update my bios finally to 3204?
Thanks.

edit- I don't overclock my system other than getting my RAM to the values it advertised to run at, I use DOCP to get them running at 3466mhz.

Still having to manually set the SoC voltage (to 1.025V) to use DOCP with my Corsair 3200 kit but other than that it's working fine here