cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ASUS have software testers?

muzykcb
Level 7
Question.
Does ASUS test the software before release?
Does ASUS have testers or just learning programmers?
6 REPLIES 6

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
They have lots and lots I'm one 😉

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Then why can't they get armoury crate to work properly and bios

They need something like the "Windows Insiders" program so people who want the latest features can willingly test their updates and give feedback before the general release. And maybe they have it but obviously, the sample size isn't large enough. I had my ROG AC5300 since December 2017 and this is the second time for a flakey update, so unusable that I had to rollback.

I applaud their efforts to not only fix bugs but also add features. That is seriously fantastic to get added functionality to something you already own. I don't want to suppress that. Just at least mark them as "Beta" until you get some feedback.

JAMESBHARRIS wrote:
They need something like the "Windows Insiders" program so people who want the latest features can willingly test their updates and give feedback before the general release. And maybe they have it but obviously, the sample size isn't large enough. I had my ROG AC5300 since December 2017 and this is the second time for a flakey update, so unusable that I had to rollback.

I applaud their efforts to not only fix bugs but also add features. That is seriously fantastic to get added functionality to something you already own. I don't want to suppress that. Just at least mark them as "Beta" until you get some feedback.

Put it this way, how many beta version process to conclude and make final version for every user's in different network environment scenario in all country.

ahfoo wrote:
Put it this way, how many beta version process to conclude and make final version for every user's in different network environment scenario in all country.

As opposed to the billion devices running Windows 10? You're right, every config can't be tested but more testing is better than less so what is the downside?

geneo wrote:
They have lots and lots I'm one 😉

The question is why they did not detect such a basic software defect as reduced transfer in the LAN network to 32MB/s etc.