cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate+ Corsair ICUE problem after BIOS update

Nero666
Level 7
I'm not sure if this is an Asus or Corsair issue but I updated my ROG Strix B450-F Gaming to BIOS 4204 and it broke something in the RGB department.

My Strix graphics card and peripherals work normal in ICUE but I can't control my mobo in there anymore. It is detected but changes made in ICUE software have no effect. Aura Sync in Armory Crate app work like normal. I have reinstalled both applications and I can't make motherboard controls work neither for the ROG logo or the case connected to the RGB header. Any idea?
36 REPLIES 36

Minh_Le
Level 7
Same here, with Z490 E-Gaming. I think it's an Armoury error. This error comes after an Aura Services update and when I uninstall Armoury, install Aura Sync (standalone version), everything works perfectly.8774787748

I also have this problem with the latest update. ROG 3080 Strix is fine and working, but the Strix Z490-E Motherboard is frozen and doesn't respond to iCue anymore. I uninstalled Armoury and it still does not want to cooperate.

That said, my sleep-state error seems to have been resolved!

jonlarson wrote:
I also have this problem with the latest update. ROG 3080 Strix is fine and working, but the Strix Z490-E Motherboard is frozen and doesn't respond to iCue anymore. I uninstalled Armoury and it still does not want to cooperate.

Install Aura Sync can resolve this problem. But Aura Sync cant recoginze Strix 3080

jonlarson wrote:

Perhaps that you can install standalones Aura Sync and Aura Sync for graphics card but I don't know if it support RTX 3000... Until this is fixed.... ICUE must be connected to Aura Sync (Armory Crate) by means of plugins by the way so both must be installed.

there was an update to one of the armory services and this has broken the iCUE sync with the plugin.
And i can't get it to work with any older version/the old Aura Sync.
According to Corsair Asus made the plugin and they would have to update it to get it to work again

I had the same problem and Asus support isn't helpful with the issue. Tried the standalone Aura program but that crashes on launch. Wish they would test their programs before pushing it out.

I am going to repost my corsair forum post.

I have the same problem. My Asus Prime Pro x470 appears in iCue but the lights just freeze when the plugin is active. Whats weird is my Asus tuf 3070 is working and that is also going through Aura.
I have reinstalled Armoury Crate a few times, restarted, disabled all Asus services, but the motherboard lights will just not do anything. I can get the 3070 to work with Aura or iCue, just not the MB.
I am using Plug-in v. 1.2.1.0.

Later:
I just tried the .dll from this thread https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965 and it worked.
I disabled the plugin in iCue and replaced the .dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins\ASUS with the one from Asus Plugin.zip. I also renamed the zip .dll from asus_motherboard_plugin.dll to asus_plugin.dll, I don't know if that was necessary. Then renabled the plugin in iCue. The version from the zip file is 1.0.4.0
Of course the my GPU no longer shows up, but I just proved (to myself) that something is wrong with plug-in 1.2.1.0 and my MB.

Also I stopped all Asus services and figured out that the Asus Com Service is the only one iCue needs to control the MB. Armoury Crate will not start properly without its service running, but I don't use that software anyway.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=203757
Corsair employee said "You will need to reach out to Asus regarding the plugin being out of date or not working as it should properly as that plugin is developed and provided by them. "
MOBO | ASUS PRIME X470-PRO
GPU | ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3070 OC Edition

ghostrider419 wrote:

Later:
I just tried the .dll from this thread https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965 and it worked.
I disabled the plugin in iCue and replaced the .dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins\ASUS with the one from Asus Plugin.zip. I also renamed the zip .dll from asus_motherboard_plugin.dll to asus_plugin.dll, I don't know if that was necessary. Then renabled the plugin in iCue. The version from the zip file is 1.0.4.0
Of course the my GPU no longer shows up, but I just proved (to myself) that something is wrong with plug-in 1.2.1.0 and my MB.

I just tired this and got the same result, I might test installing an earlier version of iCue and see if that gives a plugin newer than 1.0.4.0 but older than 1.2.1

Edit: iCue v3.36.125 has plugin v1.2.1 (same as iCue 3.37.140)

ghostrider419 wrote:
I am going to repost my corsair forum post.

I have the same problem. My Asus Prime Pro x470 appears in iCue but the lights just freeze when the plugin is active. Whats weird is my Asus tuf 3070 is working and that is also going through Aura.
I have reinstalled Armoury Crate a few times, restarted, disabled all Asus services, but the motherboard lights will just not do anything. I can get the 3070 to work with Aura or iCue, just not the MB.
I am using Plug-in v. 1.2.1.0.

Later:

Also I stopped all Asus services and figured out that the Asus Com Service is the only one iCue needs to control the MB. Armoury Crate will not start properly without its service running, but I don't use that software anyway.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=203757
Corsair employee said "You will need to reach out to Asus regarding the plugin being out of date or not working as it should properly as that plugin is developed and provided by them. "

Can confirm.

Did the same steps and got the same result.